flattened exhaust

does anyone no if theres any way to fix a flattened exhaust. i fell off my bike today and flattened my exhaust. its only dented in the middle but its pretty bad. about 2/3 of it is dented

its the silencer off a 4 stroke

Edited by gorman

Ive heard of putting water in the head pipe and freezing it. Not sure how well it would work on a muffler

Take it apart and see if you can push it or hit it out with something.

Is it the header pipe or the actual exhaust?  If it's the header pipe, the freeze method works well, I've done it.  No help if it's the slip on part of the exhaust.

If its sheet metal and not creased, you can try to heat it up with a torch and then put a cold wet rag on the dent, the diff in temp will make the metal pop back out. My grandpa did that after my cousins decided to dance on the hood of his cadillac back in the early 90s. It does depend on the thickness of the metal and how well supported it is with in the structure. If you're going to toss it anyways, might be worth a try. 

Is it the header pipe or the actual exhaust?  If it's the header pipe, the freeze method works well, I've done it.  No help if it's the slip on part of the exhaust.

its the exhaust

X 2 on the water and freeze method , have to do it a few times to get it right, but works great, have never did it on the can but should work ?

Edited by T-Bone 426