2016 speedo quits...

Took the bike for a ride today, and everything was fine. Stopped for about 4 hours, and then when I took off again, the speedo quit working at 40MPH. Stop, and it resets itself, and the same thing. All during this time the hour meter is going but the speedo is reading 0.

Is something wrong with my magnet? Is it my battery?

What does the stock magnet look like, and where is it???

Hummmm...

Took the bike for a ride today, and everything was fine. Stopped for about 4 hours, and then when I took off again, the speedo quit working at 40MPH. Stop, and it resets itself, and the same thing. All during this time the hour meter is going but the speedo is reading 0.

Is something wrong with my magnet? Is it my battery?

What does the stock magnet look like, and where is it???

Hummmm...

The electrical wiring that runs to the wheel sensor, has a hard plastic sheathe , this sheath down by the caliper, the wires go out at a 90 degree bend and the sheath will cut them right at that point, look for something like that.

magnet is on the rotor, just a round flat magnet that intercepts the sensor every revolution.

Edited by Spud786

The magnet is obvious on the front rotor. Also check to make sure the sensor has not moved

The magnet is obvious on the front rotor. Also check to make sure the sensor has not moved

I need to take a picture of my magnet, because while it's there, it looks like it might be broke. I dont know what it looked like originally...

It doesn't appear that you can buy just the magnet. It's part of the rotor.

I bought one from thumper. Look at the parts microfiche. It and the clip were about $8

I bought one from thumper. Look at the parts microfiche. It and the clip were about $8

That stupid fiche. It must be on a different page than I would guess. It's not on the front wheel breakdown, or the brake caliper breakdown...

Can't remember. I may have gotten it from Rmatv. It was back in 14 so it is sketchy now but it was on the fiche

Can't remember. I may have gotten it from Rmatv. It was back in 14 so it is sketchy now but it was on the fiche

LOL...

instruments and lock system

instruments and lock system

Well, I guess that makes sense, but so does the rotor, but it's not there.

Hummmmm... While those pics on the fiche aren't always helpful, that's not what my magnet looks like either...

I looked at my magnet a little bit closer, and found some images online, and near as I can tell, it's all there. I'll see what it does in the morning...

Worked fine the first thing this morning, and died about 6 blocks from work. Worked for a few minutes at lunchtime, and then at quitting time, about 1 minute.

I've decided that I should try a new battery. That turned out to be harder than I thought.

I haven't found a battery locally yet. Where do you buy this dog gone battery???

Change the battery of the unit. Available at most camera stores or pharmacies. Look in the watch battery section.

Edited by Betarocker

I need to take a picture of my magnet, because while it's there, it looks like it might be broke. I dont know what it looked like originally...

Its round like a dime of perfection, surely yours is broke to even suspect

Its round like a dime of perfection, surely yours is broke to even suspect

No, I don't think that it's broken after all. It's all there ...

Yeah, I figured that I could buy it online somewhere. Can't believe that no one local has it...

Yeah, I figured that I could buy it online somewhere. Can't believe that no one local has it...

Batteries plus store, do you have one of those  , they are hard to find at walmart or target.

Batteries plus store, do you have one of those , they are hard to find at walmart or target.

semi-local, 30 miles away...