2016 speedo quits...

Took the bike for a ride today, and everything was fine. Stopped for about 4 hours, and then when I took off again, the speedo quit working at 40MPH. Stop, and it resets itself, and the same thing. All during this time the hour meter is going but the speedo is reading 0.

Is something wrong with my magnet? Is it my battery?

What does the stock magnet look like, and where is it???

Hummmm...

Took the bike for a ride today, and everything was fine. Stopped for about 4 hours, and then when I took off again, the speedo quit working at 40MPH. Stop, and it resets itself, and the same thing. All during this time the hour meter is going but the speedo is reading 0.

Is something wrong with my magnet? Is it my battery?

What does the stock magnet look like, and where is it???

Hummmm...

The electrical wiring that runs to the wheel sensor, has a hard plastic sheathe , this sheath down by the caliper, the wires go out at a 90 degree bend and the sheath will cut them right at that point, look for something like that.

magnet is on the rotor, just a round flat magnet that intercepts the sensor every revolution.

Edited by Spud786

Worked fine the first thing this morning, and died about 6 blocks from work. Worked for a few minutes at lunchtime, and then at quitting time, about 1 minute.

I've decided that I should try a new battery. That turned out to be harder than I thought.

I haven't found a battery locally yet. Where do you buy this dog gone battery???

I need to take a picture of my magnet, because while it's there, it looks like it might be broke. I dont know what it looked like originally...

Its round like a dime of perfection, surely yours is broke to even suspect