08 beta 525rs rear wheel issues

Does anyone know if the hub can be machined to except different and more readily available bearings than what it currently uses? If so does anyone have the specs for this modification? I thought i read a thread that discusses this topic but can't find it.

Does anyone know if the hub can be machined to except different and more readily available bearings than what it currently uses? If so does anyone have the specs for this modification? I thought i read a thread that discusses this topic but can't find it.

It's super easy to get stock bearings.. why change? no dealer close by? maybe can order from getdirty or sierra motor supply or somewhere else..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

This thread? I'd just buy the bearings.. but maybe this is what you are talking about.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/665398-beta-rr-rear-bearings-handy-tip/

I just don't like the whole 3 bearing system. Ordering them from Beaverton honda individually is 80 to 90 bucks and no one make a kit...

I just don't like the whole 3 bearing system. Ordering them from Beaverton honda individually is 80 to 90 bucks and no one make a kit...

No generic bearing place by you? Have you looked for other sources and compared prices? I know for sure I don't pay 80 or 90 bucks for wheel bearings.. I just go to my dealer and haven't changed in a while..I have gone through ebay too but it's been a while.. I might have to check mine too for my 525 09 Beta.

I blew mine up in hood river Oregon Saturday. I knew they were going but just dropped a large some of money into fully custom suspension. My luck lately has been very poor. I took a rock hit to an outer fork tube and dinged in the seal area. I got lucky and found a pair of 45 shiver outer tubes off a husky 610. Had them installed. While apart they were revalved and sprung for my weight. Same with the shock plus adding a bladder to that. After all that I went to install my forks and they wouldn't fit in the lower triple clamp. Never thought in a million years they wouldn't fit. So had to have the lower trip machined to accept the husky outer tubes. Needless to say I have a small fortune in suspension now lol. Anyway first trip out on the suspension and blew the sprocket side bearing halfway through the day lol. I need some better luck. I have not checked local bearing shops due to not knowing the part numbers. I wish it was as easy as ordering a complete kit from all balls or something. Unfortunately it's not lol

Edited by BigBoreBeta

I blew mine up in hood river Oregon Saturday. I knew they were going but just dropped a large some of money into fully custom suspension. My luck lately has been very poor. I took a rock hit to an outer fork tube and dinged in the seal area. I got lucky and found a pair of 45 shiver outer tubes off a husky 610. Had them installed. While apart they were revalved and sprung for my weight. Same with the shock plus adding a bladder to that. After all that I went to install my forks and they wouldn't fit in the lower triple clamp. Never thought in a million years they wouldn't fit. So had to have the lower trip machined to accept the husky outer tubes. Needless to say I have a small fortune in suspension now lol. Anyway first trip out on the suspension and blew the sprocket side bearing halfway through the day lol. I need some better luck. I have not checked local bearing shops due to not knowing the part numbers. I wish it was as easy as ordering a complete kit from all balls or something. Unfortunately it's not lol

Sorry to hear about the suspension problems.. no worries ..that bike is worth it.. great bike.. to me that bike is so under rated. It is one of the first gen Beta enduros .. I like those. I plan on keeping mine for a long time.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider