Help with grips and levers

I wear 2XL gloves

I have a husky 2015 fe350s

My clutch lever is so far from me that my hand is really stretching for the lever. It is causing thumb pain and blisters. My lever is an aftermarket husky product. The bend of it goes outward. The break is bad, but not as bad. And I have twisted the knobs to bring them close as possible.

I would like both a bit closer. Surprising since my hands are pretty big.

Meanwhile, do grips come in different widths? As mine feel too skinny...

In golf and tennis, the width of grips is a big deal. I'm kind of new to this, was hoping to get some guidance. Thanks!

Edited by TigerTanker

I wear 2XL gloves

I have a husky 2015 fe350s

My clutch lever is so far from me that my hand is really stretching for the lever. It is causing thumb pain and blisters. My lever is an aftermarket husky product. The bend of it goes outward. The break is bad, but not as bad. And I have twisted the knobs to bring them close as possible.

I would like both a bit closer. Surprising since my hands are pretty big.

Meanwhile, do grips come in different widths? As mine feel too skinny...

In golf and tennis, the width of grips is a big deal. I'm kind of new to this, was hoping to get some guidance. Thanks!

Can you post a pic? Most levers can adjust pretty darn close to the bars, to where it hits your knuckles when using it...I have XL hands (6'3") and comfortably rest my index fingers on the levers pretty much all the time (and only use the other fingers if/when really needed). Also, it took me many years to realize I don't actually have to hold onto the grip all that tight, loosen up your grip and I bet you'll get less blisters (use your knees to grip the bike more, think of it as your hands aren't to hold on, they're just for steering and controls)...I don't think that grips come in different "widths" really, but some are more "plush" giving it a slightly larger diameter than others. Maybe give the ProTaper pillow tops a try?