Help me my plug fouled and my engines was full of sludge I'm blaming it on YAMALUBE

I recently bought some yamalube 2r for my 03 yz125 and ran it for 20 hours or less at 40:1. It immediately started spewing a thick black sludge from my power valve vent. I thought it was just the switch from bel ray. Fast forward to 20 hours later where my bike stops running due to yamalube fouling my plug and gumming my engine up. It is costing me a new plug and tearing my top end down to clean the gunk out of everything. Just so no other unlucky souls have this happen to them, don't go cheap, stay as far away from yamalube as possible.

Its not necessarily the oils fault, your jetting is probably just to rich for it.

• Like 3

That's odd. I haven't had any issues yet and that's all I run. Not that I doubt you, I just wonder what's different about our scenarios. Thanks for the info!

• Like 2

I recently bought some yamalube 2r for my 03 yz125 and ran it for 20 hours or less at 40:1. It immediately started spewing a thick black sludge from my power valve vent. I thought it was just the switch from bel ray. Fast forward to 20 hours later where my bike stops running due to yamalube fouling my plug and gumming my engine up. It is costing me a new plug and tearing my top end down to clean the gunk out of everything. Just so no other unlucky souls have this happen to them, don't go cheap, stay as far away from yamalube as possible.

If an oil had properties this negative, it simply would not still be in production. This is a very successful oil.

• Like 2

Millions of people have run millions of gallons of Yamalube through their motors with zero issues. But this one random post has made my mind up, I'll never use Yamalube! Lol :rolleyes:

• Like 10

Millions of people have run millions of gallons of Yamalube through their motors with zero issues. But this one random post has made my mind up, I'll never use Yamalube! Lol :rolleyes:

Absolutely not, that would definitely gum up your four stroke!! Edited by Kinger317

If an oil had properties this negative, it simply would not still be in production. This is a very successful oil.

I'm guessing this is all you run then? I never had any of these problems with bel ray so I guess I got a bad batch? Not a chance. Yamalube is cheap junk and should not be run in even the crappiest bikes. I am actually running it very lean compared to what the factory says to run. Factory specs call for 32:1 but I am running 40:1 and this sorry excuse for an oil still gums it up. I will never purchase yamalube even as firestarter

The only reason this oil is still around is because there are people willing to keep buying plugs. I would not use this oil if it was given to me, let alone if I bought it

I'm guessing this is all you run then? I never had any of these problems with bel ray so I guess I got a bad batch? Not a chance. Yamalube is cheap junk and should not be run in even the crappiest bikes. I am actually running it very lean compared to what the factory says to run. Factory specs call for 32:1 but I am running 40:1 and this sorry excuse for an oil still gums it up. I will never purchase yamalube even as firestarter

Just because the bottle says to run it at a certain ratio does not mean it is lean or rich. You could run 100:1 and still be rich or lean. It's all in the carb. Edited by MT_Rider
  • Like 2

ran yamalube 2 stroke since about 30 years before you were born

without any issues...

I bet you messed up your mix or

something else is wrong...

• Like 1

Send the rest of it my way.  I'll dispose of it for you free of charge.

• Like 4

Just because the bottle says to run it at a certain ratio does not mean it is lean or rich. You could run 100:1 and still be rich or lean. It's all in the carb.

The bottle didn't say to run any ratio if you read carefully. The manual says 32:1 and 32 is not rich in my bike but lean in my buddie's CR. That just doesn't happen. I run it lean and the stuff still gums it all up. My point here is don't buy yamalube it sucks ass

ran yamalube 2 stroke since about 30 years before you were born

without any issues...

I bet you messed up your mix or

something else is wrong...

Like hell I messed up my mix. It's cheap shitty oil and you won't catch me using the oil for firestarter or even the label for decent ass wipe. I'm sticking to bel ray. I'll tell you what's wrong. The oil gummed up my power valves and fouled a brand new plug in 20 hours. That's what else is wrong besides the oil being dirt cheap.

The only reason this oil is still around is because there are people willing to keep buying plugs. I would not use this oil if it was given to me, let alone if I bought it

The bottle didn't say to run any ratio if you read carefully. The manual says 32:1 and 32 is not rich in my bike but lean in my buddie's CR. That just doesn't happen. I run it lean and the stuff still gums it all up. My point here is don't buy yamalube it sucks ass

You have me convinced! man, what was I thinking running Yamalube 2R in all my bikes for the past years. Let me think?????? Oh, I have replace maybe 2 spark plugs from being fowled, and never a top end Because of the oil/fuel mix.

Yep... Man, I a, glad I read this post. I'm going to pour the last case down the toilet because just bad, bad, bad...

Thanks!

• Like 6

Like hell I messed up my mix. It's cheap shitty oil and you won't catch me using the oil for firestarter or even the label for decent ass wipe. I'm sticking to bel ray. I'll tell you what's wrong. The oil gummed up my power valves and fouled a brand new plug in 20 hours. That's what else is wrong besides the oil being dirt cheap.

careful man,,,

the closer you get to knowing every damn thing

the less help you'll get

when you really need it...

• Like 5

How long have you gone Pro? Where can I read about your races? Who is your sponsor? Come on, give us the inside track to your source of expertise. Help a guy out.

• Like 6

IF I ever do catch you using it again it's going to be HELL to PAY. I mean it... HELL to PAY...  :thumbsdn:

• Like 3

After looking at your jetting thread, I don't think the oil is to blame...

• Like 4

How long have you gone Pro? Where can I read about your races? Who is your sponsor? Come on, give us the inside track to your source of expertise. Help a guy out.

I'm not even close to a pro, I don't have sponsors, but I have experience running bel ray H1R in the exact bike I'm having problems with. Bel ray: none of these problems arose. Yamalube: all new problems present themselves. That's my source of expertise, a brand new and now fouled plug and a top end tear-down to get all the crap out of my carb and power valves. I really don't care if all the rest of y'all drink it, put it in your bikes, make dinner out of it, anything you do with it, but you will never catch me willingly running this cheap, sludgy, plug-fouling crap in my bike again. I'd rather go bel ray and pay more for better quality that doesn't foul plugs or gum up power valves. No thank you

After looking at your jetting thread, I don't think the oil is to blame...

Thats not what he \I/ \I/ thinks... SHHHHHH.... It's a secret... 

I'm not even close to a pro, I don't have sponsors, but I have experience running bel ray H1R in the exact bike I'm having problems with. Bel ray: none of these problems arose. Yamalube: all new problems present themselves. That's my source of expertise, a brand new and now fouled plug and a top end tear-down to get all the crap out of my carb and power valves. I really don't care if all the rest of y'all drink it, put it in your bikes, make dinner out of it, anything you do with it, but you will never catch me willingly running this cheap, sludgy, plug-fouling crap in my bike again. I'd rather go bel ray and pay more for better quality that doesn't foul plugs or gum up power valves. No thank you

There is a thread called best air filter. Have you casted your vote? I really want to follow your advice for the rest of my earthly days. Oh, and while you are at it.. What bike should I buy? I am almost 54, 205 lb in birth suit, average "B" class rider, I like walks in the mountains on full moon nights (if you know what I mean,  :awww: ) and tucked into bed.

Ok, maybe that last part was supposed to go on my tinder ad.  ;)

Edited by PALMER84ONE