2015 KTM 500EXC - Chain Problems?

Cleaned and lubed the chain with Maxima chain cleaner and chain guard after about 1100 miles.  First ride longer than a couple of miles since clean/lube today.  Rode about 100 miles on highway and gravel.  Average speed 35-40 mph.  Sprockets are 13 and 48.  Chain made a lot of noise and front started noticeably wobbling after riding about 40 miles.  By 100 miles it was really bad. Thought maybe my front rim was bent or loose.  It looks fine, but the chain looks almost burned.  I thought I soaked it pretty well with chain guard.  Has anyone else experienced this?  My next move is to spray a lot more chain guard on it and see if that helps.  If anyone knows from experience where I might've specifically gone wrong, I'd appreciate any feedback and advice.  Also, I run the chain really loose as it says in the manual (seems almost too loose to me) ... such that the chain can touch the chain guard on top of the swing arm.  Thanks.

Are you measuring it like it says in the manual ?

Cleaned and lubed the chain with Maxima chain cleaner and chain guard after about 1100 miles.  First ride longer than a couple of miles since clean/lube today.  Rode about 100 miles on highway and gravel.  Average speed 35-40 mph.  Sprockets are 13 and 48.  Chain made a lot of noise and front started noticeably wobbling after riding about 40 miles.  By 100 miles it was really bad. Thought maybe my front rim was bent or loose.  It looks fine, but the chain looks almost burned.  I thought I soaked it pretty well with chain guard.  Has anyone else experienced this?  My next move is to spray a lot more chain guard on it and see if that helps.  If anyone knows from experience where I might've specifically gone wrong, I'd appreciate any feedback and advice.  Also, I run the chain really loose as it says in the manual (seems almost too loose to me) ... such that the chain can touch the chain guard on top of the swing arm.  Thanks.

what chain and how many miles.

Those thin 520's only good for 3 to 4,000 miles before they start freezing up internally on the 500. 

Generally I run a chain till it starts freezing up, then convert it to a non oring. course you have to maintain it every ride afterwards.

pictures?

Edited by Spud786

would check that front sprocket area. Did you adjust the chain and not get it straight?

Edited by KAG

So you have a 13 counter sprocket, that's not stock. Maybe you put the counter sprocket on backwards? Did tighten up the bolt?