Anyone else LOVE a good sounding 4 stoke?

I like the sound of a loud 4 stroke on the track.  That's too loud for the trails.  I'd politely suggest that you put your 94 dB insert in.  Not only are you probably going to get ticketed by the DNR, you're making it harder for the rest of us that want to keep our riding areas open.

I like the sound of a loud 4 stroke on the track. That's too loud for the trails. I'd politely suggest that you put your 94 dB insert in. Not only are you probably going to get ticketed by the DNR, you're making it harder for the rest of us that want to keep our riding areas open.

This pipe is fully stock. I did get an fmf 4.1 and I actually love the sound much more with the decible insert. Its deeper and you can feel it in your chest but it's quieter. But yes I understand this bike is super loud.

Sorry I thought that was an aftermarket pipe on a WR, but I see you have a YZ after paying closer attention.   Yeah that sounds great and is surprisingly loud for a stock bike!  That's way, way, way louder than my 350 XCF-W.  

If you have an FMF 4.1 now I'd run that with the insert most of the time and then take the insert out when you are riding on private land to get a little of the music :)

No.

I think it sounds awesome!

Try taking the silencer out... :thumbsup:

rather hear a 2 smoker any day..

rather hear a 2 smoker any day..

Oh yes! That thing looks and sounds like it came straight from hell!

To me, all 4-stroke MX'ers sound like cows being tortured.

Edited by mlatour

Oh yes! That thing looks and sounds like it came straight from hell!

5500 rpm outboard motor,    here's one that screams 8500+