Which silencer to get?

I have a 2003 ktm 250sx that already has the pro circuit pipe and the 304 silencer. I'm am looking into getting a new silencer that is the best for trails and the most quiet. I don't care about power loss or change, I just need something that is quiet enough so that I don't make people go nuts every time I ride in the trials.

Thanks,ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1458526143.323922.jpg Christian

• Like 1

What is better the q stealth or the turbine core 2. I know there both spark arresters, but which one is quietest for trails.

What is better the q stealth or the turbine core 2. I know there both spark arresters, but which one is quietest for trails.

The q stealth is quitter.

Q stealth is the most quiet. 

yes, you should rejet. 

and if you want it more quiet, comb through ebay for a "DB Snorkel." 

clamp that on, and you will then be an official "KTM Ninja!"

The "hockey stick" will fit your bike. Pick one up cheap.

• Like 1

The quietest slip on silencer is the Akrapovic. I have one on my bike and people behind me or in front of me can barely hear me riding. It sounds like a cross between a 4 stroke and a 2 stroke. I also have the Pro Circuit Works Pipe on mine as well. Very good combo for power and torque.

http://www.ktm-parts.com/AOMC/product/SXS12250560?gclid=CImQvOvJ18sCFQJsfgodyPYMGw

Get the turbine core 2.1 it's the latest version. I have the turbine core 2 and it's a great silencer, really quiet too.

Grab a stock pipe for an XC or XC-W.  You can probably find one on Ebay cheap, they are very well made and quiet.  Remember that the XC bikes were a year behind the SXs for model changes, so 2004 to 2007 XC silencers will fit your ride.

The q stealth is great. I have a turbine core 2 on my 02 200 exc. it has a spark arestor and is very quiet as well. I think it is a little lighter and less restrictive than the q.

Switching from a ktm/fmf shorty to a q stealth neuter's the snap and power quite a bit.  It's kind of like putting a heavy flywheel on.  When I started my bike I'm quickly looked back to see if the pipe plug was in.

I went from an fmf shorty to a turbine core 2 on my 2012 250sx and noticed no power difference at all and did not have to re jet. Now I can ride anywhere and the tree police will be happy. It has usfs stamp right on it.

I went from an fmf shorty to a turbine core 2 on my 2012 250sx and noticed no power difference at all and did not have to re jet. Now I can ride anywhere and the tree police will be happy. It has usfs stamp right on it.

is there plenty of room to grab the fender to lift bike?   my new q stealth is kinda tight.  Think the 2.1 is a little bigger diameter than the 2.