plasti dip dirtbike rims

i want to plastidip my rims black, what is the correct ways to do that?

i want to plastidip my rims black, what is the correct ways to do that?

REALLY?

Remove from bike. Remove tires from rims. Remove all spokes from rim. Now you have a clean slate to dip. Clean thoroughly with warm soapy water then dip.

Now reassemble in reverse order, but true the wheels before you install the tires, Then reinstall on bike.

Remove from bike. Remove tires from rims. Remove all spokes from rim. Now you have a clean slate to dip. Clean thoroughly with warm soapy water then dip.

Now reassemble in reverse order, but true the wheels before you install the tires, Then reinstall on bike.

Plasti -Dip is in a can right ? Clean the wheels ,tape off where you don't want it to go and spray the rest. It won't last long but looks good for a ride or two.

I sprayed my winter truck wheels and they have now been through two winters. They still look OK. I just washed them with soap and water and made sure they were dry, then sprayed on 4 coats.

Don't expect it to last long on your bike though. It is very soft.

I don't think you would have much luck getting the tires back on without damaging the coating if you tried this method. 

Yes you could just mask off the tires and spokes, but i posted the correct method. Plus you can paint your hubs then too.

Don't do it!  Go ride your bike and have fun.

for anyone seriously considering this make sure to do a good job taping things off and use glossifier.  Plasti Dip alone will not stand up, you must have the glossifer.  Remove tape while the dip is still wet. 

Be prepared to do it again, and again, and again. 

Or, dont do it and enjoy the weight of your bike as it is. 

Just use rattle can bed liner. Sand and clean them, tape off anything you don't want over spray on and have at it. But as stated above it won't last long. If you're going to disassemble your wheels you should just replace your hoops. That's a lot of work for something that's gonna look like shit after a ride or 2.

split drinking straws work great for masking off the spokes.  I dipped two rims that some weirdo cleaned with oven cleaner, gave them a nice set of zebra stripes to the black anodizing.