Tire recommendation

I mostly ride hard pack red dirt and some on the road but occasionally hit a turned track. I've had a lot of people tell me the mx52 tires are probably my best bet,

I mostly ride hard pack red dirt and some on the road but occasionally hit a turned track. I've had a lot of people tell me the mx52 tires are probably my best bet,

I love my pirelli 486 for hard pack

or pirelli mx extra x for a mix

mx52 is a nice tire but they wear real fast in my opinion. @EnglertRacing, just curious, on the Extra X, what do you run 120 or 110?

mx52 is a nice tire but they wear real fast in my opinion. @EnglertRacing, just curious, on the Extra X, what do you run 120 or 110?

110, its about the size of most 120

on the front i run a mxms32 90/100/21

I used the mx extra X here in AUS over the summer in hard pack conditions..hands down the worst tyre ive ever tried along with the mx51..no grip and no predictability at all!i spose if you were after a tyre purely to last a little longer...then this tyre might be your thing

I used the mx extra X here in AUS over the summer in hard pack conditions..hands down the worst tyre ive ever tried along with the mx51..no grip and no predictability at all!i spose if you were after a tyre purely to last a little longer...then this tyre might be your thing

If your only on hardpack maybe you need the 486

The extra x is sort of a do all....

So,

What tire do you like then?

If your only on hardpack maybe you need the 486

The extra x is sort of a do all....

So,

What tire do you like then?

I agree,i think its an OK at best type of tyre that covers a wider variety of terrain...but its a very avg tyre

I agree,i think its an OK at best type of tyre that covers a wider variety of terrain...but its a very avg tyre

right,

and id like to know what tire you regard highest,

id like to try one....

Not getting into that whole,what tyre debate.sorry

Its a 'what tire' topic though? If you like a tire better than the ones listed, why not suggest it?

my new favorite front tire is Golden Tyre GT216AA

Used to be a Bridgestone 404 guy but of course they stopped making the front tire

Ran this in the desert at Johnson Valley last weekend.  Started out at 12psi and went down to I'm guessing 6-8

Performed wonderfully and tracked straight in the sand wash!!!

Got it at Slavins Racing in Colorado

my new favorite front tire is Golden Tyre GT216AA

Used to be a Bridgestone 404 guy but of course they stopped making the front tire

Ran this in the desert at Johnson Valley last weekend. Started out at 12psi and went down to I'm guessing 6-8

Performed wonderfully and tracked straight in the sand wash!!!

Got it at Slavins Racing in Colorado

Yes! You really want that tire to blow your mind? Put a mousse in it.

GoldenTyre also makes an awesome hard pack tire called the GT333

I run GT232's on the rear which is a soft/intermediate tire and it is amazing!

Yes! You really want that tire to blow your mind? Put a mousse in it.

GoldenTyre also makes an awesome hard pack tire called the GT333

I run GT232's on the rear which is a soft/intermediate tire and it is amazing!

What air pressure does a mousse kind of compare too? If that makes sense. Just curious if they are easier to ding a rim or not.

What air pressure does a mousse kind of compare too? If that makes sense. Just curious if they are easier to ding a rim or not.

I run the 90/90 mouse in the 90/100 tire and it makes it about like running 4-5 psi. The great thing about that tire being so huge is its near impossible to hurt a rim. I have smashed into everything you can imagine in the woods and haven't hurt a rim yet

Hands down the Michelin starcross 5 medium tires so much grips and they don't wear out fast and do good on pavement grass mud rocks whatever you put it on !

I run the 90/90 mouse in the 90/100 tire and it makes it about like running 4-5 psi. The great thing about that tire being so huge is its near impossible to hurt a rim. I have smashed into everything you can imagine in the woods and haven't hurt a rim yet

Have you ever tried a tubliss.

The Pirelli MX Extra X is marketed as an 'intermediate' tire that doesn't excel in anything but does well enough in most terrain,

but better suited to softer conditions than harder terrain.

The Pirelli MX Extra X is marketed as an 'intermediate' tire that doesn't excel in anything but does well enough in most terrain,

but better suited to softer conditions than harder terrain.

Very avg in soft/wet terrain too

Have you ever tried a tubliss.

I liked everything about Tubliss except I kept getting

flat tires. The nice thing about it though was you could just plug them and go on. I ran tubliss front and rear for one whole season and had at least 10 flats. The carcass of the GoldenTyres is pretty thin though. Several of my riding buddies are running them with Shinko tires and have had great results.

I run them in the pirellis which are pretty light tires, and I never get flats but I run 12-14 psi.

We're you running them super low?

I've never tried a bib.