Key

Is it possible to put a key on a cr125 2003?

Yes run the electrical parallel with the kill switch.

Yes run the electrical parallel with the kill switch.

And, rather than a key, hide an on-off switch in a not visible, but easily accessible place. Will work for a common thief, but not likely for a younger brother.

Kinda pointless. Any thief can bypass a key switch in a matter of seconds. My wife lost the key to her atv and I had it running in under 30 seconds.

A protective dog does a much better job.

Outboard or mower key will be wiried for a ground. Useless for thieves but might work for little brothers.

I was just wondering if it was possible cuz my friends like to take my bike but they don't know how to do the key thing

I was just wondering if it was possible cuz my friends like to take my bike but they don't know how to do the key thing

they take it without asking? Maybe save the cash you would spend on a ignition and use to go out and make new friends.

I've been there with people who call themselves my friend.  "He won't mind if we take it out.  He's a good guy."  The key took care of that.  It won't stop a serious thief, but it will keep people from "borrowing it." 

Although the hidden kill switch seems like a better idea to me.  You don't need a key.

I just thought a key would be pretty cool to have cuz I do lots of trail ridding so it's good to have was just wondering how to set one up wats a good key switch to get for my bike

Probably any key switch for a motorcycle or boat would work.

E bay has them that replace your kill switch. Uses the same wires

E bay has them that replace your kill switch. Uses the same wires

you absolutely want to keep your kill switch tho. The key should be somewhere other than the bars. In the event that your throttle sticks or something you want that kill swith on the bars. It's definitely one of those things that is there for a reason.

This is true, you can splice into the wires but turning the key off accomplishes the same task as holding the button

How do I install key to my cr125 ppl said connect it to kill switch but like more into detail on how

Hooking up the switch is easy enough, just get a 2 pole on/off and use your kill switch wires. Since I figure this is meant to be some sort of a temporary security thing, be aware that all anyone will have to do is pull one wire off or cut it and it'll start right up. Far better bet for theft prevention would be a heavy duty cable and lock connecting it to something big and heavy.