Please HELP ASAP! Blowing Fuses

I ordered a tusk enduro kit for my Yamaha YZ and it blows the fuse. The fuse is a 10 amp fuse and it has something to do with the headlight. The kit comes with a switch to run the headlight through so I connected headlight to ground and to the power through the kit and I think it draws too many amps from the kit now. Can I just put  a really big fuse in there or something to keep it from blowing? The fuse will not handle the power and there is no other way to set it up that I can think of! Also my bike runs best when the air screw is all the way screwed in... Are my jets too big or too small??? I need to know this stuff this morning!  Thanks

If the 10 amp fuse came with the kit, then it should be able to handle the load.  If you put in a larger amp rated fuse, you are compensating for a problem, and you could damage a component or melt wiring; or both.

If your mixture screw is a fuel screw, and you close it off and it runs better, then you pilot may be too big.

If your mixture screw is an air screw, and you close it off and it runs better, then your pilot may be too small.

• Like 1

I ordered a tusk enduro kit for my Yamaha YZ and it blows the fuse. The fuse is a 10 amp fuse and it has something to do with the headlight. The kit comes with a switch to run the headlight through so I connected headlight to ground and to the power through the kit and I think it draws too many amps from the kit now. Can I just put  a really big fuse in there or something to keep it from blowing? The fuse will not handle the power and there is no other way to set it up that I can think of! Also my bike runs best when the air screw is all the way screwed in... Are my jets too big or too small??? I need to know this stuff this morning!  Thanks

You may have a short somewhere. If it were not a kit, I would take the draw and add a small amount for the fuse, but this is already figured out for you. The solution for blown fuses is NEVER to increase the fuse capacity, unless the fuse rating was incorrectly calculated to start with. If you know the supplied wire gauge there are online tables that will tell you the max load that wire will handle, which is the important part, I think.

I am not an electrician, the comments are worth what you paid for them. Maybe.

• Like 1

Whats the easiest way to find the short? Should I just inspect all the wiring or is there some way I can test with my multimeter? 

Whats the easiest way to find the short? Should I just inspect all the wiring or is there some way I can test with my multimeter?

Resistance from each connection through wire. You can see if wire is pinched or broken.

This is the YZ 2 stroke forum. Is that the bike you are working with? May find better results in correct forum if not.

Its more than likely a short.

That wire that you connected to ground is a good place to start.

To troubleshoot other causes, youll have to unplug the bulbs and power source, then use your meter to check each wire to the frame. It will be after the fuse.

Cheap switches can go bad and pinched wires are also common shorts.

What is the year and model?