techno mousee tube slipping?

So i got a mousee tube for my 250 xcfw and mounted it. on the rear tire.

Despite some other reports, i found mounting it wasnt as awful as i had expected.

I was sure to put the wedge back in.

I marked the wheel and the tire with a paint pen.

When i do a wheelie or brake hard i can feel the tire slipping on the rim.

Has any one else had this problem, how did you fix it?

So i got a mousee tube for my 250 xcfw and mounted it. on the rear tire.

Despite some other reports, i found mounting it wasnt as awful as i had expected.

I was sure to put the wedge back in.

I marked the wheel and the tire with a paint pen.

When i do a wheelie or brake hard i can feel the tire slipping on the rim.

Has any one else had this problem, how did you fix it?

Simple, remove the wheels, go to a cycle shop, find some heavy duty innertubes, install them, then go ride.12306-there-are-no-mistakes-just-happy-accidents_380x280_width.png

Where is your beadlock?

Where is your beadlock?

(s)

I either heard, read or am making this up, but I thought you needed two rimlocks running mousses?

I either heard, read or am making this up, but I thought you needed two rimlocks running mousses?

Not necessarily

when you say beadlock im guessing you mean rimlock/ tube wedge.

There are two holes in the rim about 3 spokes apart. 

without a tube/valve stem i didnt think it would matter where the rimlock goes.

i dont really wanna drill a hole in my rim to add another rimlock

Another thing i think is adding to the problem is the tire isnt seated perfectly.

when i use a tube, i always overinflate it to get it to seat nicely, then deflate it to my desired pressure. obviously i cant do this with my mousse tube.

# regrets

Since it wasn't so had to install, maybe you got one a size to narrow. I'm assuming that the slipping started right away, if you've been using it a while and it started slipping, I'd say it's worn out.

Not to thread jack, but has anyone done a back to back mousse to tublis comparison?

Edited by HappyAndy

I sincerely doubt it was too narrow. i talked to a guy who said to blast air into the tire through the hole in the rim that would normally have the valve stem in it.

he said that the air could seat the bead of the tire on the rim. other than that it looks like ill need to get another rimlock.

i tried to blast air into the tire through the valvestem hole in the rim and it worked to seat the trials tire, but as soon as i stopped pumping air into it, the tire deflated itselfand popped back off of the rim seat.

I ended up using an MX tire that was significantly more rigid than the trials tire and it is way better.

Still some slipping but its minimal, and seemed to do it less later in the ride.

Ill ride like this for a while. but i think ill just go back to HD tubes.