2005 TTR125 pours gas occasional from carb? HELP

Hello, i have a ttr125 that has been leaking. Let me give further detail, okay so if i ride fast on bumpy surfaces it will start pouring gas from overflow, then i will take apart the carb and clean it. Do you know what the little plastic washer on the main jet does its listed as main jet washer in the manual, anyways it seems as if when the ride gets bumpy this jet washer thing gets knocked off the jet. Then once i put this jet washer back on main jet the problem is fixed. But again if a ride bumpy roads it will leak gas, so i am assuming the jet washer is getting knocked off the jet causing the leak? I have also cleaned the needle as well which appears in good condition. Or could it be the float adjustment? I have no clue how to adjust the float. Please help me solve this issue it is very annoying!!!

Take the carb off and take the float bowl off. Blow air through the fuel line as you raise the floats. See when the air is cutoff, you need to figure out if the floats aren't sealing off late. The floats have a metal tab where you can bend it, this is how there adjusted. Bend it a little and try again as you blow through the fuel line. See when the air is cutoff.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt,

I recently had the same problem and was able to solve it by cleaning and rebuilding the carb, which was not at all hard or expensive. I used the "Shindy" rebuild kit.

its usually the on off valve on side for ghas mine did it and replaced that all is well now!!

gas cut off n on switch on side on mine was problem after replacing no more carb overflow in evenings when i come home !!