Help finding subframe

New to this forum. Just bought my 98 cr250. It's a fixer upper. The second weekend riding the crank bearing went out. While tearing the bike down I find that it's been wrecked and the subframe has been ripped off at the upper mount where someone tried to weld some crap to the aluminum and fix it. Horrible job. Only one side was attached. Now I can't find this subframe for my specific year model. All models around it but not a 98-99. Can anyone refer a place to check? Point me in the right direction? Should I make my own from steel? Thanks for any help getting me back on it.

Get the subframe you have welded by "real" welder. Even if it requires some fabrication, it should be salvageable. Other oblivious options are eBay or craigslist.

Thanks checked eBay and nothing my year. I search craigslist everyday religiously and nothing there, short of a 02 roller in pretty good condition. I'll look into someone local that can weld aluminum. Didn't think about rhat

New to this forum. Just bought my 98 cr250. It's a fixer upper. The second weekend riding the crank bearing went out. While tearing the bike down I find that it's been wrecked and the subframe has been ripped off at the upper mount where someone tried to weld some crap to the aluminum and fix it. Horrible job. Only one side was attached. Now I can't find this subframe for my specific year model. All models around it but not a 98-99. Can anyone refer a place to check? Point me in the right direction? Should I make my own from steel? Thanks for any help getting me back on it.

I hear your pain buddy, as I searched many month for a 99 subframe. The cr125 97-99 will fit if you come across one

• Like 1

But other than the 97 you're sure a 98-99 will work? I've found two of them. Airbox and everything is the same. Thanks for the help guys