Indiana Indiana Riders/Racers: Questions

Thinking about a move back home to Indiana. I moved away back in '97 and I know things have changed quite a bit since then. I would probably be moving to the New Whiteland area (just South of Indy). So, what riding areas are near by and where else is there true singletrack? What clubs are there and what hare scramble type racing series is there? What permits, stickers, whatever is needed to legally ride? Any other good info you can pass on would also be appreciated!

Redbird Offroad park in Dugger, IN (state owned property), Lincoln Trail Motorsports in Casey, IL, Badlands in Attica, IN, Lawrence County Recreation park in Springville, IN.

IN BMV sells the $30 offloading registration tags, they are good for 3 years.

Plenty of series to race: IXCR, MWXC, Crossroads, GNCC has 2 rounds in IN

• Like 1

There's a great club an hour north of Indy, the Muddobbers,, ,, based out of Matthews..great group of guys! Lots of true singletrack

• Like 3

Redbird Offroad park in Dugger, IN (state owned property), Lincoln Trail Motorsports in Casey, IL, Badlands in Attica, IN, Lawrence County Recreation park in Springville, IN.

IN BMV sells the $30 offloading registration tags, they are good for 3 years.

Plenty of series to race: IXCR, MWXC, Crossroads, GNCC has 2 rounds in IN

Wow. Nothing even close to central Indiana. Things have definitely changed. All those places listed would be a 1.5 to 2 hour drive. Ouch. That would take some getting use to since I can now be out to a riding spot in about 15 minutes.

There's a great club an hour north of Indy, the Muddobbers,, ,, based out of Matthews..great group of guys! Lots of true singletrack

I've heard good things about them but would be a little far away. No other good clubs near central Indiana?

Although not considered "central indiana", stoney lonesome is another good club

• Like 1

Wow. Nothing even close to central Indiana. Things have definitely changed. All those places listed would be a 1.5 to 2 hour drive. Ouch. That would take some getting use to since I can now be out to a riding spot in about 15 minutes.

I've heard good things about them but would be a little far away. No other good clubs near central Indiana?

You should have moved back to Sullivan In. Then you would have been 10 minutes away from Red Bird.

Yep, nothing much to ride here... I usually head south and ride. I'm in greenwood Indiana. Been looking for the last year. I'm from South Carolina originally, recently retired form the Army and I go wherever​ the fun is now. Headed west coast this winter.

Public places to ride are minimal so if you want to ride a variety of locations in Indiana get involved in the racing scene....we have a lot going on in the off road racing category. In addition to the IXCR series, MidwestXC, the Crossroads Racing series, the Stoney Lonesome MC series, the Southern Indiana GP series and 4 enduros in the state can provide a racing / riding opportunity nearly every weekend from late March until early November. Last Sunday's IXCR race had about 700 participants counting bikes, quads, youth and SXS. The last MWXC had about 950 participants. For those not interested in racing there are 2 dual sport rides and several "family" enduros which are usually held on Saturdays and are super fun opportunities to get out and ride some great single track. Also the Hoosier Trail Riders are still somewhat active and get together on weekends and have access to some private properties. RidersMC, Stoney LonesomeMC, MuddobbersMC, PleasureridrsMC, Grand Kankakee TrailridersMC, PlymouthblackhawksMC, LAdirtridersMC are other off road clubs that would be good to get involved with and are located all across the state. We also have 2) GNCC events in 2017.   I'm not sure about the MX scene. There are numerous you tube videos of recent races to check out and there are classes for every skill level. Watch some video of the Sand Goblin Enduro, IXCR or MWXC races to get an idea of what Indiana has to offer.  Ryan Moss has an excellent web site called Midwest Enduros where you can get local enduro info and any you tube video by fellow hoosier " Blooperdude" Jack Ingram is worth a look and usually good for a chuckle. In the winter you can do some ice racing on the lakes up north. You won't believe how fast and intense it is until you see it. True singletrack in the central Indiana area can be rather elusive unless you have connections to some private property.  Have fun!

Edited by brtmotorsports
correction
  • Like 1

Just saw a post on KTM talk. An ISDE fundraiser for a local rider is being held in southern Indiana on 7/28 and 7/29.  Sounds like this is a great chance to ride a private property that would normally be unavailable. It's in the "regional discussion, region VI" category.     http://ktmtalk.com/showthread.php?536687-ISDE-Fundraiser-July-29-30