Hacked up or rusted beyond use 1991+ XR600r frame?

anyone have a hacked up or rusted beyond use 1991+ XR600r frame?

I finally got the grandfathered (Oregon) plated frame I was looking for. One small caveat, its an 85 and I'm moving everything over from my 97, so I have to fab up a rear brake reservoir bracket as well as relocate the brake pedal. I THINK that's all I'll need to really adjust, minus some spacers here and there. But I haven't dont it yet so we'll see.

I'm just wondering if anyone has a shot to shit frame that they'd be willing to cut the rear brake bracket and brake pedal mounts off and sell to me. I can clean them up and re-weld them into place. I'm a competent welder but don't really have a ton of tools in terms of fabrication and figured someones GOT to have a useless frame that these could come off of.

Scratch this, didn't do enough research and forgot the 85 was dual carb meaning my single carb engine wont fit.  :banghead:

Your welcome

Your welcome

its ok Steve, it's my fault for not doing enough research. I should at least be able to get my money back as it still has a plate and thats worth a lot. At least I hadn't moved everything over and realized it didnt fit.

its ok Steve, it's my fault for not doing enough research. I should at least be able to get my money back as it still has a plate and thats worth a lot. At least I hadn't moved everything over and realized it didnt fit.

that sucks.

All that hassle makes me wonder if I could make money buying bikes, plating them here in the state (piece of cake), and selling them to all the other states where it is impossible to plate bikes?

Cannibalize the offset upper shock mount from the later model donor frame, and weld it to the plated frame to convert to a single carb setup. Maybe add some extra gusseting to the mount too.

Edited by heart_of_darkness

Or get an XRL frame, with plate, and hack off the stronger reinforced area (mostly the subframe I think), and use your 600R engine without the heavy electric starter.