400S tool kit?

Gentlemen,

I am soon to be moving to the wonderful and glorious Northeast corner of Oregon, where logging roads, and gravel abounds, and pavement is a lot more scarce.  I plan on doing a lot of riding on those roads, where help could be a far cry away, and was wondering what tools, you folks would consider essential for a kit.  I am assuming a tube, and a couple tire spoons, tools for removing a wheel, but beyond that, what could go wrong with the bike, that I could fix on the road, and for which the tools would be of a reasonable size to carry all the time?

Thanks ahead!

ORDS

Subbing to this thread, like to see others ideas. I'll post up my inventory when I get a chance; I really dig the preparedness needed for solo riding.

Basics, plug wrench/a plug. I always keep a master link on all my bikes. Usually have a multi tool in my camelback. But I'd like to see what others recommend too

14 and 17 mm wrenches, 8, 10, 11 mm sockets, pliers (I think locking type is best for this), flex ties, duct tape, screwdrivers, bandages, aspirin, spare clutch lever, tire repair kit, the kind with CO2 cartridges.

I have the folowing on my toolbag:

1 spark plug

1 spark plug socket

8, 10, 12, 14, and 17mm wrench

8, 10, 12, 14, and 17 1/4 drive box and ratchet

few allen keys

Axle wrench (19 and 22)

Vise grip

multibit picquic scewdriver

Letherman wingman (knife and plier)

Few tyrap

electric wire

wire

electic tape

duck tape

2 master link and few link of chain

assortiment of bolts

tire spoon

tire tube (front only)

folding saw

metal putty

all packet in kriega tool bag in us-5 kriega tail bag

it a good kit....to start

bandages and aspirin are a good recommendation ha ha.  Also that sounds like quite the kit Marauder.  what does it all weigh?

Stock toolkit with a few extra Allen wrenches, zip ties, bicycle Fix-A-Flat, rags, nitril gloves.

I dont have a normal tool bag but if the ride is going anywhere far I usually carry the necessary things to patch or replace a tube. always have zipties, multi tool, and needle nose pliers. If your going deep into woods maybe bring some matches and a disposable plastic lighter just in case.

I carry an extensive tools and survival kit for deep desert off road trips or any off road trip. I carry many of the things mentioned above and then some. I have a small compact Slime compressor, a jack stand, tube repair kit, 2 tubes, Clip type master links, (Carrying chain tool  kit is too much...LOL,) extra headlight bulb, new spark plug, small multimeter, extra lengths of insulated wire and electrical crimp on connectors, bailing wire, tool kit containing a variety of sockets, hex keys, asst wrenches, multi screwdriver, small vice grip pliers (Can sub as a control or shift lever or foot peg,etc.), 1/4" and 3/8" double sided ratchet, variety of extra bolts screws the bike uses, wheel removal wrenches that have spoons and diff hex sizes.(Motion Pro), A nicely loaded first aid kit, personal meds, Lots of water and some food( 2-MREs). As mentioned a survival kit of assorted needs, a folding knife, .22 cal pistol and a few more things I can't think of now cuz been awake for more than 24 hours right now. Can't sleep..too stressed from work shit and my daughter the cat had a visitor she battled with in the house. Spent some time trying to get visiting the kitty out of the house.

Yes the bag is weighty but its a self help insurance policy. Ride to live. Live to ride. Prepared to survive and return home. AND I ALWAYS RIDE ATGATT!!! Will be watching thread to see what I may have missed or never thought of. Xanax is ka ka ka kicking in.. may get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzs after all....snork snore......................................................... Good nighty night morning ya'all

Here's my adventure setup.

In my vest / jacket:

AAA powered flashlight

microfiber towel

tissue / TP

map

almonds

ear plugs

baby wipes

bugspray

protein bars

baby powder

rain gloves

cheese strings

bug net that goes on your head

pants:

phone, in ziplock

id, cards, $ in ziplock

backpack / rear bag:

ziplock bags

usb charger+ cable

balaclava

batteries

matches

ear plugs

first aid kit

emergency blanket (the size of a deck of cards, foil)

suncreen

hydration bag, 3L

tear offs

saddle bag #1:

bungie cords

food

oil filter

spare fuses

spare gloves

flat pack electrical tape

helinox camping chair

spare straps

multitool pliers

vice grips

brake pads

tie wraps

nitril gloves

flat pack duct tape

1/2 hacksaw blade, wrapped in duct tape

JB Kwik Weld

Spare steel cable

spare levers

insulated wire

3" wire with blades at each end to jump bike without key

spare bolt set

tire patch kit

21" tube

toolkit (has its own category)

saddle bag #2:

clothes

toiletries

rear rolltop bag:

mattress

tent

sit&fly seat cushion

sleeping bag

pillow

crocs

fleecy

factory toolkit:

screwdriver

sockets for axle nuts: 24mm and 17mm

wrenches  - 8x,10,12,13,14,17mm

sockets with ratchet, 8,10,12,14,17

allen head tools

Sometimes, I bring other things too:

drinks

oil

wd40

freeze dried food

cooking set

clothes line

18" tube

clutch cable

umbrella 

poncho

air pump

And, before this season, I'm building a waterproof non-serviceable multimeter that I can throw in the bag too, that will test continuity and presence of 12V.

Oops, forgot some stuff:

- tire gauge

- chain saw / sawblade for trees on the trail

- throttle rest

- seat cushion

- booster cables

- tow rope

Often I do rides with other guys and we end up splitting the load; no need for 4 sets of booster cables, for instance.

Here's my adventure setup.

In my vest / jacket:

AAA powered flashlight

microfiber towel

tissue / TP

map

almonds

ear plugs

baby wipes

bugspray

protein bars

baby powder

rain gloves

cheese strings

bug net that goes on your head

pants:

phone, in ziplock

id, cards, $ in ziplock

backpack / rear bag:

ziplock bags

usb charger+ cable

balaclava

batteries

matches

ear plugs

first aid kit

emergency blanket (the size of a deck of cards, foil)

suncreen

hydration bag, 3L

tear offs

saddle bag #1:

bungie cords

food

oil filter

spare fuses

spare gloves

flat pack electrical tape

helinox camping chair

spare straps

multitool pliers

vice grips

brake pads

tie wraps

nitril gloves

flat pack duct tape

1/2 hacksaw blade, wrapped in duct tape

JB Kwik Weld

Spare steel cable

spare levers

insulated wire

3" wire with blades at each end to jump bike without key

spare bolt set

tire patch kit

21" tube

toolkit (has its own category)

saddle bag #2:

clothes

toiletries

rear rolltop bag:

mattress

tent

sit&fly seat cushion

sleeping bag

pillow

crocs

fleecy

factory toolkit:

screwdriver

sockets for axle nuts: 24mm and 17mm

wrenches  - 8x,10,12,13,14,17mm

sockets with ratchet, 8,10,12,14,17

allen head tools

Sometimes, I bring other things too:

drinks

oil

wd40

freeze dried food

cooking set

clothes line

18" tube

clutch cable

umbrella 

poncho

air pump

And, before this season, I'm building a waterproof non-serviceable multimeter that I can throw in the bag too, that will test continuity and presence of 12V.

Great detailed list, Inquiring minds wanna know.......how ya gonna waterproof that multimeter besides a ziplock??

Edited by deagleus

Ive had the stock tool kit plus a few other tools in the air box for years now. 

Great detailed list, Inquiring minds wanna know.......how ya gonna waterproof that multimeter besides a ziplock??

Working on that right now! I'll be making a separate post about this for my DRZ friends once I have soldered prototype. Already have it working in a breadboard.