Knee Braces under or over?

hey guys, i need help I'm a new rider. been riding for 6 months now and i bought some Alpinistar knee braces. However when i wear them under my pants they always slide around and start to hurt. no matter how much i tighten them. is it okay if i wear them over my shorts? what do you guys think? thanks ?

hey guys, i need help I'm a new rider. been riding for 6 months now and i bought some Alpinistar knee braces. However when i wear them under my pants they always slide around and start to hurt. no matter how much i tighten them. is it okay if i wear them over my shorts? what do you guys think? thanks ?

That will be ok maybe for impact protection? But, just realize you are loosing the "brace" aspect of them if you don't have a proper snug fit. Also, I wouldn't want to go through brushy or woodsy areas with the braces on top of clothing as it could get snagged (but you must not be doing that much type of riding anyway if riding in shorts). The over the knee socks made for knee braces might help you too, because the top of the sock folds over the top of the brace, helping to hold it in place?

Edited by Aka.Goose

Please don't put them over your pants...that's a terrible idea.

First off, if they can fit over your pants, they are too big, and therefor worthless.

Knee braces are designed to fit directly against your knee...a THIN layer such as brace sleeves/sock, or legging is ok, but anything thicker will just allow your knee to shift inside the brace.  Which is a bad thing.

If your braces are sliding around then they don't fit properly.  I suggest going to a local shop and have someone help you get a pair that fits.

Please don't put them over your pants...that's a terrible idea.

First off, if they can fit over your pants, they are too big, and therefor worthless.

Knee braces are designed to fit directly against your knee...a THIN layer such as brace sleeves/sock, or legging is ok, but anything thicker will just allow your knee to shift inside the brace. Which is a bad thing.

If your braces are sliding around then they don't fit properly. I suggest going to a local shop and have someone help you get a pair that fits.

This. Its like wearing a loose helmet