Homemade ribbed seat cover

I am a very cheap person. and when i have the chance to save money i will, obviously. Ive been looking to spice up my bike with a new seat cover since my old one is ripping. i dont want to spend $60 on a new one because i realized the materials shouldnt be too expensive. the material i was looking at using is called "cordura" which is like the stuff military wallets and knife holsters are made of. and its $6 a yard and i would want 2 colors and just looking at a ribbed seat cover, im sure it cant be hard at all to sew something like that together. but be in mind im not doing this, my girlfriend is very good with a sewing machine and I volunteered her to sew it lol. im sure with my old seat cover as a stencil she should be able to do it. but do you think this material will work? or what other materials would work? i like this material as its grippy and is waterproof too. but are there any other options? thanks!

I am a very cheap person. and when i have the chance to save money i will, obviously. Ive been looking to spice up my bike with a new seat cover since my old one is ripping. i dont want to spend $60 on a new one because i realized the materials shouldnt be too expensive. the material i was looking at using is called "cordura" which is like the stuff military wallets and knife holsters are made of. and its $6 a yard and i would want 2 colors and just looking at a ribbed seat cover, im sure it cant be hard at all to sew something like that together. but be in mind im not doing this, my girlfriend is very good with a sewing machine and I volunteered her to sew it lol. im sure with my old seat cover as a stencil she should be able to do it. but do you think this material will work? or what other materials would work? i like this material as its grippy and is waterproof too. but are there any other options? thanks!

You said ribbed!giggity-quagmire_212879.jpgHonestly I would purchase the specialty seat you desire, that way you are guaranteed the performance you desire, and the looks you need after all MX like all motor sports is also about image. good luck.

im aware of the ribbed part lolol. Im probably going to end up doing that though. im just finding a way to safe money and would feel a little more accomplished if i made it myself. (aka let my girlfriend do it since she likes sewing. dirt bikes, not so much)