Yellow YZ250

I am in the process of building a bad ass yellow YZ. What are my options for modern plastic? I wanted to get this kit but they want $220 plus $45 to ship it. Has anyone found this kit online cheaper? Whats the best option for yellow plastics? http://cycraracing.com/cycra-powerflow-body-kit-yamaha-05-14-yz125-yz250-lighting-gold-black/

Those look real nice. Did Yamaha ever release a yellow yz250 2 stroke for either the 2006 or 2016 anniversary years? I know they did the 4T editions.

Those look real nice. Did Yamaha ever release a yellow yz250 2 stroke for either the 2006 or 2016 anniversary years? I know they did the 4T editions.

No they didnt and thats why this bike is going to be nice. I know there are a few "retro" ones out there but im going full modern on this one.

That kit looks sweet. You get the 2015 look, yet don't have to mess with the airbox.

• Like 1

I just ordered that kit so its on the way,

Are you starting off with a blue bike? What color will your gas tank be?

I'd like to turn a blue smoker into a yellow one but need a yellow gas tank.

I am in the process of building a bad ass yellow YZ. What are my options for modern plastic? I wanted to get this kit but they want $220 plus $45 to ship it. Has anyone found this kit online cheaper? Whats the best option for yellow plastics? http://cycraracing.com/cycra-powerflow-body-kit-yamaha-05-14-yz125-yz250-lighting-gold-black/

Just make sure when you order graphics you tell them what plastics you have. That is one benefit of doing the 2015+ plastics, it is easier to find graphics. But any of the big name places should be able to make what you want, you might just have to call.

• Like 1

Are you starting off with a blue bike? What color will your gas tank be?

Doesn't Clark have a yellow stock sized tank?

Yes they do. 240 bucks.

https://clarkemfg.com/tanks/catalog/yamaha/yz250yz125-2002-2016-stock-capacity/

Cheapest I found 208.00

IMG_5373.PNG

Edited by Gary YZDOC
  • Like 1

A black tank works well too.

Except it's soo hard to see how much gas is in the tank!

I don't know how the 4-stroke guys do it.  :excuseme:

• Like 1

Great find Dan. I'm in love with the 2016 YZ250F but it's like a blonde with a killer ass, I know I should stick with the smart choice (2 stroke) but the yellow and black hit me in the heart. Best case scenario I can turn blue into yellow and have the best of both worlds.

• Like 1

Yah Dan, great find.  :smirk:

A black tank works well too.

Except it's soo hard to see how much gas is in the tank!

I don't know how the 4-stroke guys do it.  :excuseme:

Great find Dan. I'm in love with the 2016 YZ250F but it's like a blonde with a killer ass, I know I should stick with the smart choice (2 stroke) but the yellow and black hit me in the heart. Best case scenario I can turn blue into yellow and have the best of both worlds.

:confused:

Wait, what are we talking about?