Leaking fuel from drain hose

So the dirtbike is running best when the air screw is completely closed. IF I OPEN the air screw a turn or so gas starts to drip out of the drain hose and create a puddle under the swing arm. Can anyone explain this to me? I got a rebuild kit for it. The bike is completely stock except it has uni pod air filter. Which parts do I need to replace to fix this? And will I need to open the carb up in order to fix this or just change jets through bottom plug? 

I dont think youre turning the air screw, its probably the drain on the bottom of the bowl.

What bike is it?

So the dirtbike is running best when the air screw is completely closed. IF I OPEN the air screw a turn or so gas starts to drip out of the drain hose and create a puddle under the swing arm. Can anyone explain this to me? I got a rebuild kit for it. The bike is completely stock except it has uni pod air filter. Which parts do I need to replace to fix this? And will I need to open the carb up in order to fix this or just change jets through bottom plug? 

Bubba I think you might want to check your float needle valve and valve seat seal, those suckers like like a sieve. And all this ethanol in our gas is ruining all our vehicles!

May I suggest acquiring a genuine Factory Honda OEM shop manual. May answer s lot of questions for you and it has a lot of great photos also.

You will need to learn to "jet" a carb. If you are turning the air screw? The air screw is really hard to get to unless you have added the air screw mod. Carbs used to intimidate me, years ago. So I set out to master them. It is really very simple, nothing to be intimidated by. The bowl fills just like a toilet, and fuel is sucked out as air is pulled into the cylinder, sucked out by whatever will fit through the present jet size. Two jets, a main, an idle and the air screw on the exterior of the carb

Edited by 1gr8bldr