2016 250 sx or sxf?

What are everyone's thoughts on these bikes? I'm a 5'4" 20 yr old female. I race a very intense circuit that involves mostly Offroad with lots of single track riding & many trees & natural obstacles. About 20% of the tracks are mx & there's also an extreme obstacle section of the track. I've always ridden 2 strokes so I'm leaning towards the sx

I have the 2013 ktm 250sx and just love the bike. i can feel how light it is when i step off my ktm 350. the bike is a monster full of power, I've had two ktm 250sx-fs and they are good small bore bikes, but you really have to rev them out to get the power, If you want a light fast quick bike the 250sx simply can't be beat. it's got everything you want in a bike. (the 16 is no different then the 15 other then price...)   BUT the 250sxf is fuel injected and E start-something a lot of people LOVE and it helps when your on hills and need to restart the bike real quick. no gas to mix its just normal gas press the bottom and start shifting gears! the 250sxf is fast and nimble but it's deemed a "pro" level bike as you really really need to rev the snot out of them. if you choose the 250sx or sx-f both are so amazing :)

Thanks! I had a 2003 sx 250 when I got into racing. That's my fav bike I've had. I sold it to buy a smaller bike till I got better on the track & now I'm ready to go back up again, just not sure which to get but I'm def leaning towards the sx

I would go for the sx. Especially if you already like two strokes

I can't tell but is your picture Valley Kilmer?

Val

What are everyone's thoughts on these bikes? I'm a 5'4" 20 yr old female. I race a very intense circuit that involves mostly Offroad with lots of single track riding & many trees & natural obstacles. About 20% of the tracks are mx & there's also an extreme obstacle section of the track. I've always ridden 2 strokes so I'm leaning towards the sx

You're in the KTM 2-stroke section so expect to get lots of 2-stroke fans! You should also know that they are both excellent choices. What is your skill level?

250SX

Pros:

Weight

Low heat, hard to boil over - works great in mud, sand and technical terrain

Great on dead-engine starts

Inexpensive to upgrade

Purchase cost

250SXF

Pros:

Not fatiguing

Great hookup and easy to put the power to the ground

Consistent lap times

E-start

Bullet-proof engines

I rode my 250SX through some single-track at Glen Helen last week and I LOVED how light weight the bike was. This made it super-easy to lay over from side to side. I have not ridden the latest gen of KTM 250Fs but I had a 2014 YZ250F and I can tell you that my reasons for switching to the 250SX were that I needed the extra power (I race expert), and KTM have a really great contingency program. I now live with limited traction (actually front and back), outrageous power which can catch you out when you get tired and mixing my gas.

At the end of the day, most average riders will appreciate how easy the 250F is to ride fast and consistently, and suffer with the high purchase cost and high upgrade cost.

I can't tell but is your picture Valley Kilmer?

Val

haha yeah, thats the man