2016 KTM Factory Edition Oil Leak

I have a small oil leak from the allen bolt with the copper washer on the brake side of the case bottom, service manual says dont remove, tried to tighten still leaking, what should i do...what is that screw for?

A pic would be helpful....

But, I'd personally let the dealer take care of it since you have 30 days...

It is bolt (A), dealer is like 4 hrs away 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By OffroadMT
      I am purchasing a 2012 KTM 350XCF after wanting one for a year and finally picking one up in December. My question is what are some good things to watch for on this bike as far as initial set up and good Mods to improve bike ? My plan is to add a skid plate, hand guards and muffler with the possibillity of changing the header pipe and a Rekluse EXP would be nice as we ride mostly single track mountain trails with some rocks . Any good thoughts and suggestions would be appretiated
    • By element9

The story begins with simple installation procedure of a BIG BORE kit that we ordered from USA . The manufacturer (CYLINDER WORKS) and the dealer send us the correct kit and so far so good ! .
      The bike is a KTM 250 sx-f ,2011 model and bellow there are some photos for you, just to see how careful I am throughout the process .
      .. .. .. .. I change the valve seals and the exhaust titanium valves and springs with the PROX steel kit and make a little polishing on the intake and exhaust
      Put the cylinder-piston on and always with guidance from workshop manual and correct clamps...
      Until now we where happy !!! We start the engine ,and everything seems to be ok!
      Began to make the first ride and…… DISASTER !!!
      The engine start bleeding OIL from the hose-tube !!!!!!!!! I thought its normal if it is one-two drops but unfortunately didn’t STOP .
      We did one more ride to see what happens and still BLEEDING. Back to the WORKSHOP.
    • By Dutch84
      I got about 6 months on my 350 xcf-w. I ride a lot of tight, rocky,rutty, slippery single track in South west PA. The only things I've added are suspension, bark busters, skid plate and disc protectors. I purchased a trail tech mapping switch but hesitant to add it as I heard the dealer needs to unlock the ECU and am not sure how much of a benefit it will be. I have a Scott steering dampner I'm going to add. I'm also looking at exhaust options for my riding conditions. What do you guys think about the items listed and what suggestions do you have?
    • By riyaadhd
      hi TT users
      i have a flat 11 acre property 20 mins from my house. the property has a pond in the middle of it.
      i am wanting to build an mx track on there, What equipment/excavators will i need to hire. how will i go about constructing the berms, whoops, table tops and jumps. And how can i keep out unwanted riders. How much dirt will i need?
      i would be great if any ones knows track designers and cheap dirt and machine hires. (Dont have much $$ to spend so free or cheap dirt and equipment would be GREAT )
      i am in Brisbane, qld, Australia. Any quarries i can phone to dump free dirt
    • By shift1313
      Hey guys, i just picked up a used 2012 ktm 450 sxf to be my supermoto race bike next year. the bike seems pretty much stock but there is a connector on the left side of the steering stem that I am 99% sure couldnt be factory. Its a 4 pin connector, 2 wires in, 2 wires out(to the Estart switch on the bar). On the estart side of the connector there is a small jumper wire in the other 2 spots. I have found lots of info on adding the ignition map switch but i can't find anything about this connector or if it was factory. There is a small coil of wire just before the connector and the connectors appearance makes me think it was some aftermarket or home brew ignition map switch. This is a carb US 450sxf.