YZ 450 FX OTD

I think 9200.00 is a little high but it also depends where you live. I paid 8600.00 otd in Socal back in Nov. for my 16 yz450f. In regards to a weight reduction on the 2017 450FX don't hold your breath. I don't see the 17 yz450f losing weight and it will most likely get the reduction before the yz450fx!

Edited by Edge316

Yamaha tends to stick to the 4 year rotation on the updates on their bikes, so I wouldn't expect a drastic reduction in weight for at least a few more years.  IMO the E-Start would make up for the weight it convenience factor.  If you want a light e-start bike, dare I say it here, you'll have to drink the orange kool aid.  (And spend about a grand more)  

Yamaha tends to stick to the 4 year rotation on the updates on their bikes, so I wouldn't expect a drastic reduction in weight for at least a few more years.  IMO the E-Start would make up for the weight it convenience factor.  If you want a light e-start bike, dare I say it here, you'll have to drink the orange kool aid.  (And spend about a grand more)  

Been there and done that, not only is it a grand more, you have to put another grand into it for the suspension to be close to the Yamaha.  No thank you.  Thanks for the info though, the estart on a big 4S is worth it.  I don't need it on my X but a 450, yea, me want.

• 4 weeks later...

Dang, thats pretty good pricing.

I've bought a 300 xcw and Rzr XP4 1000 from them over the past 3 years so they treat me pretty good. Although I've seen them advertised in IL for $7,900. I'm not sure if that's OTD though. I'm guessing not.

exchange rate is favorable, care to divulge the dealers name, location? We bought a snowmobile way back in 2001 I think, saved a lot of money.

The exchange rate is great but it's the logistics of getting one across the border that is a pain for me.

I'm not having any luck finding a dealer anywhere close to me that will let me bring one home for less than MSRP.

The exchange rate is great but it's the logistics of getting one across the border that is a pain for me.

I'm not having any luck finding a dealer anywhere close to me that will let me bring one home for less than MSRP.

So when a Canadian dealer advertises say, $9800. msrp, is that Canadian or us dollars?

So when a Canadian dealer advertises say, $9800. msrp, is that Canadian or us dollars?

Canadian.  I did the math, I could save some money going north of the border for sure but the logistics of getting the bike back across the border to me was more than I cared to deal with.

exchange rate is favorable, care to divulge the dealers name, location? We bought a snowmobile way back in 2001 I think, saved a lot of money.

Sure.  GA Checkpoint Yamaha in Abbotsford, BC.

Yeah the exchange rate was awesome.  At the time it was 1.36 to 1 which basically equates to $2K off.  Transportation wasn't too bad as my dad lives in Seattle and just drove across the boarder.  It was all said and done in a few hours round trip.

Definitely Canadian.  Pretty sure mine was retail plus all the adders.  It ended up being $8000 USD out the door plus $200 at the boarder.  I then applied to get $600 in PST taxes refunded for a final price of $7600.  You're milage may vary at the boarder.  I was told that we shouldn't have had to pay anything but I guess it just depends what side of the bed the boarder agent wakes up on.