YZ 250 Transmission Questions

I have read the faq's page and didn't find my answer, but can anyone tell me what shift forks are compatible with an 05 yz250 transmission? I have a bent shift fork and possibly messed up dogs on my second gear. I'm looking on ebay and thinking of all my possible options, because I'm open to staying stock or going with a different gear ratio, whatever is needed. I really want a whole yz250 transmission but can't seem to find one on there. Any ideas are welcomed. 

Thanks in advance

Jake

Edited by jakeshreds1081

For what other years used the SAME shift fork, look at Partzilla's OEM parts listing and click on the part number.

• Like 2

I've got a set of shift forks and drum from an 03 yz250. They are in nice shape. PM me if interested.

I have 3,4,5 gears pinions and wheels. I just took them out of my 2015 250 

Edited by mikenash

All YZ250 transmissions 99-2016 are created equal. 2002 has different 2nd gear.

I could have sworn this was all ironed out as 02 being the oddball, but now that i look, i see 99-02 as the same and 03+ as the same. Can you (or someone) verify? I feel like im seein things.

I could have sworn this was all ironed out as 02 being the oddball, but now that i look, i see 99-02 as the same and 03+ as the same. Can you (or someone) verify? I feel like im seein things.

For the shift forks, I'm seeing 99-01 and 02+ being different... Interesting... Except fork 2 which has the superseded part number. And fork 3 which apparently they changed for the 250 in 02, but then used it in later models in the 450f... WTF are these guys smoking? :rolleyes:

Just like a 99 case, 99 head, you can run it. Shift fork 1 changes to a 20-00 in 2002, shift fork 3 changes to a 20-00 in 2004. But, all forks would interchange as they will be superseeded when they run out of the old stock.

• Like 1

Just like a 99 case, 99 head, you can run it. Shift fork 1 changes to a 20-00 in 2002, shift fork 3 changes to a 20-00 in 2004. But, all forks would interchange as they will be superseeded when they run out of the old stock.

I mean the gear ratio of 2nd gear.

• Like 1

Well crap the bed, I guess I read 762SPR and went to the forks. 2nd gear being odd was one you picked up. I'm to lazy to look that up tonight. 

• Like 1

Ok homework done. 

2nd pin, wheel is the same 99-2002.

Changes in 2003 up.

So, the gear ratio is a little different on 03 up. 

• Like 1