Keihin Carb FCR

Hey guys thinking about getting a pumper for my 1992 xr 600. I was looking at the fcrs. Everyone says this is the best way to go. I'm just not sure which MM I need. And are these carbs push pull or just pull? I'm looking for easiest throttle pull and response possible. Thanks for the help It's much appreciated (:

Hey guys thinking about getting a pumper for my 1992 xr 600. I was looking at the fcrs. Everyone says this is the best way to go. I'm just not sure which MM I need. And are these carbs push pull or just pull? I'm looking for easiest throttle pull and response possible. Thanks for the help It's much appreciated (:

They are pull/pull... (you can't push anything with a cable :devil: ) Two cables, one pulls it open, the other pulls it closed. 

Get whatever CRF250 or 450 carb you can find with a complete set of cables, throttle, Hotstart cable and an aftermarket accelerator pump. The aftermarket pump will eliminate the need to fuss with the leak jet... the aftermarket ones are adjustable with a screw. Hotstart cable can be easily swapped with the choke which will enable you to bar mount the choke pull. Cables and throttle... your XR600 cables wont work. The best route is to use XRL cables and a CRF throttle. You have to do a quick dremel tune up on one of the cable mounting bosses on the carb to get the throttle to open and close all the way (this was a known problem with CRF cables too so you have to fix it regardless). XRL cables are shorter than the waaaay too long CRF cables. Size of the carb doesnt much matter. 41mm units only came on one or two years of 450s so they are hard to find and more expensive. The smaller bore carbs do great... they are more responsive, but might give up a tad of top end. Check back on the needle and jet recipe. I have the part number for the needle somewhere. I have part numbers for Yamaha and Honda both.

Try to get the 2006-2008 carbs because they have the upgraded AP linkage and diaphragm.  The old carbs are still great carb just you might have to mod them prior to using.

Edited by D0T-C0M

question, i too would like to do the change over.   I have the air boot for the airbox to carb and the just got the 650L intake to head.    when looking for the carb, how do you know if it has the "aftermarket accelerator pump"?

thanks

looking forward to the needle/jet recipe!   

After market leak jet/accelerator pump cover. It will have an adjustment screw.

P6190296.jpg

P6190292.jpg

Same idea, different company, different color

P6230186.jpg

And another...

IMG_20130429_204118_808_zps4bcf7ba6.jpg

• Like 1

aftermarket pump looks like this,,,

DSC_2817_zps0515c304.jpg

that guy from Idaho is stealing my carb pics again,,,dammit...

B

How`s it going Red..

B

• Like 1

Damn good looking carb! CLEAN! The needle is yours too!

aftermarket pump looks like this,,,

DSC_2817_zps0515c304.jpg

that guy from Idaho is stealing my carb pics again,,,dammit...

B

How`s it going Red..

B

Edited by ThumpNRed

Hi guys, Does any one have experience with the mikuni

flat slide 40 mm pumper carbs. I put a 33 pumper on my

98 klr 250. The stock carb was always float sticking and flooding even after

a couple of factory rebuild kits. The mikuni pumper has been real dependable

for me even after not riding it for quite a while. Am building an xrl and wondered

if any one liked the mikuni on theirs or hated it, and is the fcr the  only way to go?

I love this forum , you guys have a lot of experience. Thanks, Bob.

Not a lot of people use Mukini carbs here,,so advise on jetting is harder to get,,the FCR is widely used and you`ll get help with it...

B