Who had a dealer check up after 1 hr?

As the title says, I'm curious to know how many people took their bike in for the service check up after 1 hr. as suggested in the owners manual?  

I didn't but took mine in today for a 30 hr valve check and had the mechanic tell me that the 1 hr.  check up was a "must do" service and I shouldn't have skipped it. 

Your thoughts?

Hi-top

Unless you're a mechanical klutz...or unless there's a problem, it's a waste of time and $. Most folks that have these bikes are pretty competent mechanically so they don't bother. Plus...my dealer never even mentioned it. I wouldn't have done it anyway! :)

I did the one hour service, but did it myself.

Actually I serviced the bike before I rode it away from the shop, don't know about you, but I like to make it home with all parts intact.

So they expect somebody to drive 1 - 3 hours to your favorite track or trail, ride for an hour, load up and drive the 1 - 3 hours back home and take it to the dealer?

Sounds like a way for them to have the warranty voided in case of a catastrophic failure because you didn't have the 1 hour check done.

Edited by YZ250F49

The biggest deal is they want that break in oil dumped and the screens checked pretty quick. So keep your recipt where you bought a filter and oil when you purchased the bike and that is enough for warranty. But by all means do an oil change and pull the screens after an hour.

Unless you're a mechanical klutz...or unless there's a problem, it's a waste of time and $. Most folks that have these bikes are pretty competent mechanically so they don't bother. Plus...my dealer never even mentioned it. I wouldn't have done it anyway! :)

On the bold:

1.That's the impression I get too reading these forms.

2. My salesman didn't mention it either at the time of purchase.

Never. I wouldn't waste the money. Put 150 miles on it and drop the oil and check all the bolts

That's what I was thinking too at the time.

I did the one hour service, but did it myself.

Actually I serviced the bike before I rode it away from the shop, don't know about you, but I like to make it home with all parts intact.

Didn't check it at dealer like you but did go over a few things (eg. tire nuts, handle bars, oil check, etc.) at home before I rode it the first time 

So they expect somebody to drive 1 - 3 hours to your favorite track or trail, ride for an hour, load up and drive the 1 - 3 hours back home and take it to the dealer?

Sounds like a way for them to have the warranty voided in case of a catastrophic failure because you didn't have the 1 hour check done.

That's the only thing I could think of too.     

The biggest deal is they want that break in oil dumped and the screens checked pretty quick. So keep your recipt where you bought a filter and oil when you purchased the bike and that is enough for warranty. But by all means do an oil change and pull the screens after an hour.

Yep, did that.

100 % of respondents to date  looked off the 1 hr check up. 

Just as I suspected ( actually exceeded my expectation to be honest-figured there might be a couple who opted to go exactly by the book  lol)

Thanks for your input gentlemen  :thumbsup: