Should I sell my bike?

Wasn't really certain where to put this, but I figured that the 'what should I buy' is most pertinent. I have owned a 2009 Kawasaki KLX250S for 5 or 6 years now and, at this point, I would really like something with a little more go, so to speak. So, my real question is if I should sell it for a more capable bike, say a DR-Z400 or a street converted XR650R or upgrade it. Would it be worth it, or is the gain in performance too small between such a similar class of motorcycle? Oh, and, please, no "Buy a Husky/KTM" Yes, I know they are way more serious machines, but, tragically, I'm a poor college student living off Ramen noodles made with used motor oil. Thanks in advance.

Edited by NEinAK

Wasn't really certain where to put this, but I figured that the 'what should I buy' is most pertinent. I have owned a 2009 Kawasaki KLX250S for 5 or 6 years now and, at this point, I would really like something with a little more go, so to speak. So, my real question is if I should sell it for a more capable bike, say a DR-Z400 or a street converted XR650R or upgrade it. Would it be worth it, or is the gain in performance too small between such a similar class of motorcycle? Oh, and, please, no "Buy a Husky/KTM" Yes, I know they are way more serious machines, but, tragically, I'm a poor college student living off Ramen noodles made with used motor oil. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TT.

It might help if you provided a little info on the bikes intended use.

Without that, I'd say the DRZ will give you more of what you have and the XRR a lot more. I've owned a dirt DRZ and a buddy had a XRR. I know nothing about the KLX250, but once had a KLR250, on Kodiak Island, no less.

Where in Alaska are you? I also lived in Anchorage and Palmer.

Thanks for the reply. I live in the Anchorage area, and, forgive me for being difficult, but I want a bike that will do just about everything. Even though I probably ride probably 70-30 dirt, I use my bike to commute during the Summer, and, in addition, if I get a job up north, I will be taking the bike up, so, in the end, I would like for an affordable rhat is capable both on the freeway and on single track. A tall order, I know.