skf mud scrapper

I ride mostly woods with occasional motocross on a 2012 KX450 and up until the kit was installed I was going through seals at the rate of about 1 every other month. Since the scrapper kit was installed (over a year ago) I have had zero issues.

Highly recommended on this end!!

Funny you posted this cus I was reading through this months Dirt Bike last nite and saw an ad for this and also read a good article on cleaning dust seals etc after every wash and replacing fork oil every 10 hours

I just did a full fork rebuild and oil replace on a bike that hadn't had either in 5 years cus just had to replace the seals

I think I'm going to try the SKF mud scrapper.

As well and IMO new fork oil is one of the best things I've done on my bike. I'm not doing it every 10 hours but minimum once a year and I'm now cleaning my dust seals and oil seals every wash

Great product, and they last forever. I have a set with over 200 hrs on them and they are still sharp and not worn. I leave them on all the time wet or dry.

I have em on my beta 300, 30 hrs, lots of mud, no problemo.

What would be the downside of leaving them on when the track dries out?

I just bought a set and cant wait to try them out.  Last fall I had 6hrs (2 hare scrambles) on new fork seals and one was already leaking.  Hoping to stretch those seals out a bit longer than that!

changed my seals and put these on, hoping to have less fork oil on the floor of my van

What would be the downside of leaving them on when the track dries out?

A little more stiction is all, but you will not notice. I love them and they work. Remember to take of and clean them after every muddy, sandy, wet, ride.

Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping to get a little more life out of my seals.

They also provide excellent protection against upper tube wear from fork guards and dings from rocks where they cover. If you prefer SKF has the same thing without the scraper lip just for that purpose, but I have seen no downside to the scraper in many hours.

Thanks. I used them last weekend and seemed to do the trick. Went from muddy morning to dusty afternoon with no problem

They also provide excellent protection against upper tube wear from fork guards and dings from rocks where they cover. If you prefer SKF has the same thing without the scraper lip just for that purpose, but I have seen no downside to the scraper in many hours.

Yes :thumbsup: