Ohlins inserts for 4cs?

I'm at my end with these 4cs forks on my 14 450sxf FE. Way harsh even after a revalve. Can anyone point in a direction to pick up a pair of ohlins inserts. Online retailers. Thanks

Edited by atrdrvr7

A 14 450SXF would not have come with 4CS.

A 14 450SXF would not have come with 4CS.

FE=factory edition. It has them

My bad, the formatting on my screen put the FE onto the next line and I overlooked it. Nothing to see here. :rolleyes:

Maybe check out stillwell performance. They have them for a decent price and i believe they can get them set up pretty good for you

I know it sounds like a step backwards, but I revalved my bladder forks on my '13 with Racetech Gold Valves and I cannot express how happy I am with them.  I've used RT stuff in my Hondas for years and they did not let me down on these forks.  I ride a lot of nasty, rocky trails and hillclimbing and lots of trails, woods etc. so I am very picky on getting rid of the harshness on the forks.  I set them up with the progressive valving and they are like riding on clouds up top and firm up nicely through the stroke.  I'll see a rock or something where I'm just bracing for the jolt and it never comes, they are so good.

Just a thought to maybe save you some money and frustration.

I'm at my end with these 4cs forks on my 14 450sxf FE. Way harsh even after a revalve. Can anyone point in a direction to pick up a pair of ohlins inserts. Online retailers. Thanks

get the race Tech open chamber conversion. It's a amazing upgrade.

Bought mine from Dave at Fast Bike Industries (http://www.fastbikeindustries.com/).  He tweaked the valving before shipment based on my needs.  I believe the fork cartridges with springs were around $1300.  Not a bad deal when you consider other tuner "4CS Fixes" cost $1k+ to modify the stock setup.  My re-valved stock setup isn't even close in performance to the Ohlins front and rear.

There's a company online selling combo packages or individual ohlins setups online

Propilot

You can get inserts for 4cs and rear shock for like $2300

I got mine from Dave too at fast bike industries. Love them. I had my 4cs revalved and still did not care for them so I went with Ohlins. Got the shock too. Love it.

Bought mine from Dave at Fast Bike Industries (http://www.fastbikeindustries.com/). He tweaked the valving before shipment based on my needs. I believe the fork cartridges with springs were around $1300. Not a bad deal when you consider other tuner "4CS Fixes" cost $1k+ to modify the stock setup. My re-valved stock setup isn't even close in performance to the Ohlins front and rear.

racetech openchamber conversion throws out the 4cs an makes it it's own fork . For a lot less then the ohlins setup.

Thanks for the info guys.  As far as the Ohlins go.  How difficult is it to drop the new cartridges in the 4cs tubes?  I have rebuilt and serviced KYB stuff many times.  The WP stuff is all new to me.  Thanks

You could buy the cone valve conversion also to convert the 4cs to cone valve

Thanks for the info guys.  As far as the Ohlins go.  How difficult is it to drop the new cartridges in the 4cs tubes?  I have rebuilt and serviced KYB stuff many times.  The WP stuff is all new to me.  Thanks

Very easy, the cartridges are self contained with their own oil.  They drop into the fork tubes, which you fill with a separate oil supply, no bleeding required.  Rebuilding the actual cartridges is not something I have tackled yet and will probably just send them in to Ohlins when needed.

There is an adapter that threads into the bottom of the fork lug that accepts the smaller threaded end of the rod.  It also holds the preload spacers for the spring.

Here is a picture of my forks apart when I changed my seals and bushings last week.

20160317_214756_zpsh6ysxqnm.jpg

Bought mine from Dave at Fast Bike Industries (http://www.fastbikeindustries.com/).  He tweaked the valving before shipment based on my needs.  I believe the fork cartridges with springs were around $1300.  Not a bad deal when you consider other tuner "4CS Fixes" cost $1k+ to modify the stock setup.  My re-valved stock setup isn't even close in performance to the Ohlins front and rear.

Ordered from Dave yesterday.  Good guy to deal with.  Very knowledgeable about the product and setup.  Ill report back when I get a ride on them. 

It's too late for the OP, but SSS cartridges can be dropped in to the 4CS forks. TBT racing in Arizona (Jonathan) sells a complete turnkey setup with new SSS cartridges, or you can send him a set of YZF forks if you already have a set or want to go ebay route. 

I bought a new take off set of 09 YZ450 forks on ebay and had Jonathan install those on my '15 350 SXF. I have to say these forks are awesome! 

It's too late for the OP, but SSS cartridges can be dropped in to the 4CS forks. TBT racing in Arizona (Jonathan) sells a complete turnkey setup with new SSS cartridges, or you can send him a set of YZF forks if you already have a set or want to go ebay route. 

I bought a new take off set of 09 YZ450 forks on ebay and had Jonathan install those on my '15 350 SXF. I have to say these forks are awesome! 

Talked to Travis at TBT.  Wanted $1500 for a revalve and all new KYB internals+springs.  The Ohlins cost $1300.00 with springs to my door.  I love the KYB stuff but thought it would be easier to pull the Ohlins carts and drop the 4cs back in when it was time to sell the bike.

That's why sss forks sell so good on eBay,I believe you can fit psf internals as well

Mine were about $1300 after ebay and shipping etc. One nice thing about the SSS over Ohlins is that basically any tuner can revalve them as needed. It's a small thing but it's what swayed me over the Ohlins. But these days more and more tuners are familiar with the ohlins inserts.

One thing is sure, pretty much any twin chamber setup can be made to be very good. :)

Also, the SSS can always be put back together and resold. 

Anyway, I think it's six of one and half dozen of the other. 

Edited by skthom2320