Did I test the stator and coil the correct way?Videos posted..

That stator is probably bad since it is has a short to ground, but check the wiring going to the stator when you pull it off. As for the ignition coil, the 1.3OHMs is fine so the coil should be ok. 

Edited by ManBearPig.

That stator is probably bad since it is has a short to ground, but check the wiring going to the stator when you pull it off. As for the ignition coil, the 1.3OHMs is fine so the coil should be ok. 

Im new at doing this so please correct me but I thought that was the wiring going to the stator,them are the only wires coming out of it?Or does it have more that I can see once the flywheel is removed??Thanks..

looks like you did everything right and it looks like you're getting continuity between your stator coil and the metal ground so somewhere along the coils winding it's touching the metal so no matter what you do to start it it wont because the copper on the coil winding is connected to the metal and electricity will find the easiest path and that metal ground is the easiest path for it to travel so instead of going through the coil winding into the circuit wiring up to the CDI and then through the ignition coil the electricity is simply taking the short cut and going to the ground that is why it is called "short to ground" it's taking a short path straight to the ground.

Edited by 78SuzyQ

Im new at doing this so please correct me but I thought that was the wiring going to the stator,them are the only wires coming out of it?Or does it have more that I can see once the flywheel is removed??Thanks..

by checking the wiring he means check the wires for any deterioration exposed copper touching metal etc. It's a lot easier to find a short  in a wire than it is to find a short in the actual stator. But chances are it's the stator that's bad not the wiring

Just like what 78SuzyQ said. When you pull the stator off, you will see the wires going into the stator connect with the coils. There is a slight possibility that there is something wrong with the wires in that area but you can not see it until the stator is removed.

Dang it,I already made this video and in it I thought you meant it had more wires so please ignore that part..I did find the manual for this bike so retested the stator..Manual says it should be 100 to 200 OHM but my Multimeter shows 97.5ohm,guessing its for sure bad correct??The 2nd time I tested it in this video is per the manual,I show what the manual says and I show how I did it..Sorry guys but im just trying to be 100% sure I did this correct because I don't wanna just toss money at the bike guessing if you know what I mean.. 

BTW,

I did look over the wires and couldn't see anything touching...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjemH89Ouqg  

Edited by Lon R

I can tell you 100% that stator is bad 

I have one on its way,just bought it and will be here this coming week..Once I get it installed,i'll update for sure.....Thanks to you and others that helped me :) ..

Changed the stator and she fired up 2nd kick,runs perfect :) ..Got a bunch of videos yesterday which i'll make a new thread and post them but heres the first time she had life again in my hands :) .. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZVgw5kFjs4

I also cleaned the hell out of it and removed all them stupid stickers,looks ALOT better now...

KX%20RM%20TRX250R%201-6.jpg

KX%20RM%20TRX250R%203-6.jpg

KX%20RM%20TRX250R%206-6.jpg

Yea motor sounds good bro good job :thumbsup: