Help please. No spark. 01 yz125

Bought this bike about a week ago without spark. Got a used coil, cdi, and rest of harness from stator up. Replaced everything except stayor and flywheel. Is there any way to test my atator to make sure it's working properly? Idk what else it could be. I have a multimeter and test light. Any help is appreciated thanks

A few plugs. The kill switch is good I disconnected it and still nothing. Do the stators ever go out on these

Were any of the plugs new?

Like noted above, check for short in the kill switch.

Before you go buy a stator/pulser setup, double triple check your connections all around. Theres not many.

You dont wanna buy a new exciter or pulser and have it be something you missed.

Special attention to the plug cap. Meter reading should be 5k ohms on the cap.

They go bad on occasion.

Also better triple check that your kill switch *wiring* isnt pinched or going to ground in any way. Its extremely common, and you will have zero spark.

Theres a little metal plate on the outside of the flywheel that triggers spark via the pulser coil...if its super corroded, it wont trigger well, if at all.

Theres a whole section with specs in the manual on how to test the exciter and pulser coils. Generally a solid ohm reading will indicate good, but specs are the only way to be 100%.

Very generally...the smaller pulser coil will have a reading in the hundreds of ohms and the exciter will be in the tens of ohms.

A factory manual will tell you everything you could ever want to know.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help. But I've tried 3 new plugs, swapped caps, checked connections. There's not much to miss being that there's very little wires. What else is there to check? Under the flywheel cover it's very clean. The atator is very clean. Looks great like I said I replaced everything else with parts from a running bike. I'm stuck

Just a thought, has the frame been repainted?

If so make sure all the ground connections and electrical component mounting points are on clean bare metal.

Found the problem. Wire was broke inside stayor when I pulled flywheel. Now I have a real problem I'm gonna make another post I've never had this happen

Found the problem. Wire was broke inside stayor when I pulled flywheel. Now I have a real problem I'm gonna make another post I've never had this happen

Just keep it in here and ask mod to change title to your liking. Can it be soldered back on?