Best Light for Night Riding?

My feedback and my experience is that if you are going to ride off road at night, you need a helmet mounted light.  The light on your bike only helps a little because it is always pointed where your bike is pointed, whereas a light on your helmet points to where you are looking and is MUCH more helpful.

I use a Serfas brand LED headlight that I mount to my helmet, and it works great. 

That looks killer. Was the bracket pricey?

Not to bad, well worth the added cost. I bought the stock bracket and it didn't fit well at all. After sending them pictures,Baja designs excuse was "that's just the way it is".price comes with the light. https://www.motominded.com/collections/frontpage/products/led-bracket-ktm-bdi-light-kit-complete

Not to bad, well worth the added cost. I bought the stock bracket and it didn't fit well at all. After sending them pictures,Baja designs excuse was "that's just the way it is".price comes with the light. https://www.motominded.com/collections/frontpage/products/led-bracket-ktm-bdi-light-kit-complete

From the look of the picture there will be gaps around the light? Nothing to keep dirt, mud or water from all the wires behind the mask?

From the look of the picture there will be gaps around the light? Nothing to keep dirt, mud or water from all the wires behind the mask?

Yea I thought it would be an issue but it's not. The light and connections are waterproof and it has a lifetime warranty.

I got ahold of a used 500 XC-W. The previous owner put a group of rigidindustries LED lights on it. You get their bracket and then get the combination of lights that suit your purpose. On here now is; Top left is the driving light w/ high & low beams. The top right is a spot that also comes on with the high beam. The bottom is another spot hybrid that is on a separate switch.

AB607B27-2A19-487C-8AD0-A243BCA13587_zps

It's also all open behind. I haven't really tore in behind to see the connections but it does light up the night.

• 2 weeks later...

I got ahold of a used 500 XC-W. The previous owner put a group of rigidindustries LED lights on it. You get their bracket and then get the combination of lights that suit your purpose. On here now is; Top left is the driving light w/ high & low beams. The top right is a spot that also comes on with the high beam. The bottom is another spot hybrid that is on a separate switch.

AB607B27-2A19-487C-8AD0-A243BCA13587_zps

It's also all open behind. I haven't really tore in behind to see the connections but it does light up the night.

Post a pic of that light setup at night