07 rmz 250 running lean

I got this 07 rmz. I bought it with the engine in pieces. Needed a crank seized rod bearing. So I replaced the crank with hot rods 3mm stroker crank bearings gaskets and seals. Also put new timing chain and piston kit. The bike will start up but seems to run very hot. I changed the pilot jet from 45 to 50 and main jet from 170 to 180. It's running very lean at slow speeds and the fuel screw does seem to have much effect. I took the header pipe off and the valves are white. Carb has been apart and cleaned and checked numerous times and can't seem to figure it out. P.s I have been riding and wrenching on bike's for 28 years but this one has me stumped please help thanks in advance

Well just a update. I got my bike working awesome now. I changed a few things. The slide seal went from leak jet 40 to 55 and the clamp that holds the carb on was a little loose and the air box to the carb wasn't sealed loose clamp as well. Now it simply hauls ass. It has more snap then my kx450f

• Like 1

I got to ride it today seems to work ok but it's way to rich on the pilot. Fuel screw had to be turned to 1/2 before it effects the engine speed

I got to ride it today seems to work ok but it's way to rich on the pilot. Fuel screw had to be turned to 1/2 before it effects the engine speed

Yes, but where does it land to reach max idle?

That's all that matters.

In between 1 and 2 turns should be a slightly higher idle. Very subtle.

Max idle is at 1/2 turn out. And bike starts first kick with no choke cold and 4-5 kicks when hot

Edited by bikeaddict75