Going up one tooth on sprocket

I have a drz400K and I was wondering if I go up one tooth on the front sprocket will it make a big difference. I'm currently running 13 front 47 rear.

I really don't want to lose acceleration but I found a good deal on a sprocket kit. What do you think?

I think one tooth on the front is equivalent to three on the back. You will definitely notice

I have a drz400K and I was wondering if I go up one tooth on the front sprocket will it make a big difference. I'm currently running 13 front 47 rear.

I really don't want to lose acceleration but I found a good deal on a sprocket kit. What do you think?

It's like 7-1/2%. You will notice and it will only cost you maybe $20 and a few minutes to find out if it's what you're looking for.

Yeah .. One tooth on the front sprocket is good and don't forget the correct loctite .

the gear your running is so low its probably winding out so fast your wasting the drz's power anyway ... i think 14 would be fine ..

You mention "kit".....so am assuming a 14-47 "kit"??? Imho, that combo is great for dirt riding, but I just got flamed for thinking that way, so if you really want that sort of gearing, go with a 14-50 "kit".....would be the same as the 13-47.

I've always thought the bigger back sprocket looked better anyway. You can buy those "kits" to include a chain too.....it will be bigger than the 112, probably a 120 link

You mention "kit".....so am assuming a 14-47 "kit"??? Imho, that combo is great for dirt riding, but I just got flamed for thinking that way, so if you really want that sort of gearing, go with a 14-50 "kit".....would be the same as the 13-47.

I've always thought the bigger back sprocket looked better anyway. You can buy those "kits" to include a chain too.....it will be bigger than the 112, probably a 120 link

I already bough a set from d2moto lol. They let me customize my order. I got a 13 front and 47 rear with a red chain. So I should be okay.

Google gearing commander

You probably can't shift fast enough to maintain acceleration.  

I run 13/51 in the winter with 33lbs (each) studded ice tires.

Even with ridiculous spikes and awesome traction, heavy application of throttle makes the rear spin.  

You will enjoy 14/47 much more, faster and better acceleration/use of each gear.