125 2t good beginner bike for 19 and 16 year olds?

Hey guys so I and my cousin want to finally buy a bike and start riding. I have no experience on a dirt bike but good skills on a bike (don't how bike skills transfer onto a dirt bike) and my cousin has around 8-10 hrs of experience on a Crf150f.

I'm 5'9 and 120lbs and my cousin is 5'11 and 130lbs.

My cousin who is 16 would like to buy a kx100 because he thinks the 125 will be to much. But I think with his size he is to big for it and should start off with a 125 like I want to.

Would this be the perfect starting bike to learn the fundementals of dirt bike riding ? We would most likely probably buy a yz125 if you guys recommend we start of on a 125. So please any help/tips and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and have a great day.

5'11 is way too tall for a 100, get a 125

Go for a 125, the 100 is a small fast bike that can be very twitchy. With the extra weight of the 125 it really isn't much more powerful, it is just more suited to a person about your size. The suspension will be far better on the 125 and you will both me more comfortable learning to ride and also when you get better you will be a lot more comfortable at higher speeds. My gf has an rm 85 which is about the same height of the 100 and they are super fun to play around on but for learning to ride the 125 will most likely be better for you both. I would have my gf on a 125 if it weren't for the weight difference in the bikes.