Staying?

I had a friend ask me if I was going to stay on Suzukis? I could not answer him difintively. I explained that my 12 is dialed and I love it.....do not need to change anything and for a 450 it's great because if the cornering. I have talked about switching to YZs for the dreamy suspension. What are you guys thinking?

Edited by mikerides33

Who knows?

Next weekend, I am leaving Chicago and driving out to San Francisco for a new job....so that's the big change in my life!

So with everything up in the air, I might be on this bike for a while....but, if I was in the market, I would be looking at a Ktm or husky 450 2017 with the new AER air fork

If the 2017 is all new, it needs to weigh 15 lbs less and have 5hp more.

I will go back and fourth and then when I am 40 buy a new yz250 and ride it into the sunset

• Like 1

I had a friend ask me if I was going to stay on Suzukis? I could not answer him difintively. I explained that my 12 is dialed and I love it.....do not need to change anything and for a 450 it's great because if the cornering. I have talked about switching to YZs for the dreamy suspension. What are you guys thinking?

Stay

Ridden both a new 16 Kawi and 16 KTM, you ain't missing much...

Edited by Monk
  • Like 1

Mine is now lighter and has more power and ohlins suspension and still cheaper than a new ktm. I wish they would change the swing arm though, straight box section looks horrible, love the ktm swing arms

• Like 2

Stay

Ridden both a new 16 Kawi and 16 KTM, you ain't missing much...

I have to tell you I really like the chassis on my 12.....I kinda got the love back once I got the bike dialed and I don't want to lose it.....not a newer is better guy. With 4 kids I can no longer buy a new one every year or every other year.....nor do I want to.....but 4 or 5 years is more my cycle now.

I have to tell you I really like the chassis on my 12.....I kinda got the love back once I got the bike dialed and I don't want to lose it.....not a newer is better guy. With 4 kids I can no longer buy a new one every year or every other year.....nor do I want to.....but 4 or 5 years is more my cycle now.

I hear you. I jumped on a new Kawi expecting it to blow my mind. I have 200+hrs on my Yamaha so it's getting tired (lol). The Kawi had 10 motor on it. Other then it felt a 'bit' more narrow on the front and a bit more 'snappy', it still felt like a 450. My Yamaha is pretty tame after some tuner work and Rekluse but still felt more power, just didn't rev as fast. Suspension felt good between both bikes, ergos felt good etc etc. Yes, it was nice but IMO, not quite enough for me to go lay cash tomorrow.

Now the KTM 350, that was a little rocket! And in some ways worth it to switch. I'll wait till this season is over and decide then...

• Like 2

Yes I remember you mentioning the 35o in another thread......maybe your darks idea thread right?!

Anyway I had the 11 350 before I got this 12 RMZ. Got it dialed somewhat w suspension and remap but the new one is world's better correct? My 350 buddy bought the 16 450 so I haven't ridden the new one.

You already know my choice Mike. I'm going to keep the 12 around forever because it is a great bike and I am not going to give it away but I am getting the itch to upgrade. If Suzuki doesn't have a new bike at the Jap nationals in a few short weeks I will probably start looking for a 16 Yz. 

As I have spent more time on the 16' KTM it has grown on me. That FE is a sick bike but the price tag is just a tad bit steep for my liking. I can buy a pipe and have the suspension worked on the Yz for the sticker price of the KTM. 

Edited by BDubb106

Hey Mikey! That 12 is so damn good. As you know I sold my 12 and I have been running the 300sx. The 300 is fun but man it's a chore for me to dial in for specific riding types. Woods one day, tight home track the next, maybe a open dunie/dirt stuff, then a faster outdoors track. Fuel injection is nice for that! The 4cs is shitty but you can mod it with a small budget. I would not be the beta tester for the new aer fork. I rode a 16 450 and 350sxf. They were awesome except for forks. Bottom line is the Suzuki package will someday be improved enough to warrant an upgrade but for now the 12 is good as it gets and that includes all 15s. The weight talk is a black eye to Suzuki but does it really feel heavy riding it? The power as for Dyno numbers are not impressive but do you really need more? Are you doing wheelies with quads and racing on paved roads? The chassis is always going to feel rigid and who knows may never be a bike that is going to be the most comfortable in the nasties.

There's a brand that is good for stability. There's a brand for turning. There's a brand(s) for motor. There's a brand for suspension. There's a brand for ride ability.

I've never ridden a new rmz. I think out of the box I'm willing to bet rmz and yzf are the best in stock form with the least amount of accessories needed.

Get ahold of me sometime to bullshit.

• Like 2

Hey Mikey! That 12 is so damn good. As you know I sold my 12 and I have been running the 300sx. The 300 is fun but man it's a chore for me to dial in for specific riding types. Woods one day, tight home track the next, maybe a open dunie/dirt stuff, then a faster outdoors track. Fuel injection is nice for that! The 4cs is shitty but you can mod it with a small budget. I would not be the beta tester for the new aer fork. I rode a 16 450 and 350sxf. They were awesome except for forks. Bottom line is the Suzuki package will someday be improved enough to warrant an upgrade but for now the 12 is good as it gets and that includes all 15s. The weight talk is a black eye to Suzuki but does it really feel heavy riding it? The power as for Dyno numbers are not impressive but do you really need more? Are you doing wheelies with quads and racing on paved roads? The chassis is always going to feel rigid and who knows may never be a bike that is going to be the most comfortable in the nasties.

There's a brand that is good for stability. There's a brand for turning. There's a brand(s) for motor. There's a brand for suspension. There's a brand for ride ability.

I've never ridden a new rmz. I think out of the box I'm willing to bet rmz and yzf are the best in stock form with the least amount of accessories needed.

Get ahold of me sometime to bullshit.

Jake man I miss your witty posts around here. I hope all is well and I will catch up with you. I think if it ain't the rmz it's the yz.....oh yeah dude I've been rowing too.....you were right about that too
  • Like 1