good practice bikes/tip/techniques

I started racing this year and I realized I need to get in shape and figured I'd start a little practice thread to help not just myself but everyone so here are my questions. I am a plenty capable rider and have one race under my belt but I have had many years of riding my 125 but I blew it up and am in the process of rebuilding and buying a new bike but i want to find a 450 in good shape and then a practice/woods bike that I could hammer but still keep all my skills from my 125 that was a huge learning curve so I don't want to lose those skills. I was wondering my dad has a ktm 380 and if you haven't heard of them I suggest looking them up I love that bike to death, there is a guy here in town selling a ktm 380 for 1,500 with less than 10 hours on it, i went and looked at it and I definitely believe it . I was wondering if that would be a good investment to buy it as a practice bike then race my 450 on the weekends or whatever. also if you have any workouts arm pump exercises practice routines diet regiments or anything else to help out a fellow rider that would be awesome please no hate or biases want to make this a friendly place for someone like me to get the help they need, and yes there is no better replacement than seat time I understand.

The 10 hour bike! :banana::smirk:

I started racing this year and I realized I need to get in shape and figured I'd start a little practice thread to help not just myself but everyone so here are my questions. I am a plenty capable rider and have one race under my belt but I have had many years of riding my 125 but I blew it up and am in the process of rebuilding and buying a new bike but i want to find a 450 in good shape and then a practice/woods bike that I could hammer but still keep all my skills from my 125 that was a huge learning curve so I don't want to lose those skills. I was wondering my dad has a ktm 380 and if you haven't heard of them I suggest looking them up I love that bike to death, there is a guy here in town selling a ktm 380 for 1,500 with less than 10 hours on it, i went and looked at it and I definitely believe it . I was wondering if that would be a good investment to buy it as a practice bike then race my 450 on the weekends or whatever. also if you have any workouts arm pump exercises practice routines diet regiments or anything else to help out a fellow rider that would be awesome please no hate or biases want to make this a friendly place for someone like me to get the help they need, and yes there is no better replacement than seat time I understand.

I have found that having a race bike and practice bike is ineffective unless they are setup the same.  Rather than divide your money, interests, etc into two bikes, just have one better/newer bike.  You'll be better off.

The benefit of riding a 125 is that you learn to ride on the pipe, and you get comfortable doing so.  That's good, but you'll ride faster on newer bikes no matter what.