Best 250f to buy?

Just sold my 125 and am looking for a 250f.

I'm 5'10 155lbs. I ride track, trails, and streets

Love bottom end power (I like wheelies) Not too considered with top speed.

I have 2200 to spend as of now

Any help is appreciated even if it's not a 250f. Thanks

With that budget Id go with what Monk suggested. 250 2 stroke. A YZ to be exact.

With that budget Id go with what Monk suggested. 250 2 stroke. A YZ to be exact.

I've never seen a yz 250 in good condition for 2200. They are all busted or from like 1997

I've never seen a yz 250 in good condition for 2200. They are all busted or from like 1997

Don't expect to find a 4 stroke that's any better if you can't find a decent YZ at that price range. Maybe and XR, but likely nothing modern. I'm a 4 stroke guy. But I embrace the fact that they can be a lot more costly to repair. Last thing you want to do is buy a bike that needs immediate work, especially a 4T. If you find anything, maybe post it up for any feedback.

For $2200 idk maybe save that money but I would recommend a Yamaha WR250F if you can find any that are less than 10 years old for that price I would go for it

250 2 stroke! I would go for a Cr or rm personally. Can't go wrong with any of them really though just don't buy a roach

I agree that a 250 two stroke would be a better choice than a 250F. Why do you want a 250F? Serious question.

I just always liked 4 strokes. I rode my friends bikes (150r, 250f, 450f). I felt more comfortable on those. But I've never rode a 250 2 stroke so idk

Just know 1 thing about buying used bikes (not like your gonna get anything new with 2.2K). I've seen the most beat up old 2 strokes revived with the right parts in the right hands to be better than one straight off the shop floor. This being because 2 strokes are simple machines and an easy fix. This is not the same with 4 strokes. I'm not saying they can't be fixed but #1: Getting old 4 strokes up is way more expensive and #2: They never quite reach the same performance of when they were new. The reason 4 strokes are such great bikes is because they have a complex system in which they run on and as a result are high maintenance. This is a huge con on the resale market. Just remember, although 4 strokes are great, 2 strokes can last a lifetime and still run great. I'm not telling what you should or should not get, I just wanted to give you something to think about. Good luck with the bike and have fun.

• Like 1