2007 kx250f with low compression

So I just bought a 2007 kx250f ..it sat all winter and don't no when it had had tune up...so I brought it to a local shop for a tune up and get my valves checked ...so when I dropped the bike off they guy said my bike has very low compression and had me push on a different bike they had and I could tell the difference ... so instantly the guy changed topic and said he's not gunna do the tune up yet he's gunna open my engine and check some stuff out does anyone no what could be the problem??? I no how shops are they will say anything extra is wrong to get more money out of u ...Anything will help thanks

Tight valves most likely

Ok thanks just waiting on a call back from them to see what they say so I will mention that to them and see what they think

If they are to tight a valve adjustment will correct that right that's the reason I brought it down was for a tune up and valve adjustment

Yes it will unless the valves have been shimmed to many times

He called me back saying that I have 0 valve clearance he said he can do the adjustment and still get some time out of it or I can replace the valves but he doesn't no what else he will find in there what would u recommend? Thanks

Do you have any clue how many times valves have been shimmed? If more the. Two or 3 times have new valves put in and seats recut

I honestly have no clue I don't even no what that means would the shop be able to tell me if I asked them... The kid I got the bike from claimed he had a new top end put in but in starting to think he played me

I'm going to get new valves for it but I don't no if I should just do a whole new top end or just valves

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Tedstrom
      Alright so I just rebuilt my 2012 kx250f complete rebuild. I put the motor back in the bike get everything hooked up and ready to go it takes a few kicks at first (obviously) but after it starts it sat and idled just fine for a while then it stalled out. Tried to start it again wouldn't start I took the spark plug out of it it looked good I was dark and wet. I cleaned it then put the spark plug back in it it took a few kicks but started right back up again then after a while it stalled out again and now I can't get it to start again!? Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you guys and girls for reading and hopefully for the help!!!
    • By DirtBikeHead
      2015 Kawasaki KX250f - 20 hours
      As close to new as I'd imagine you'd get! I bought the bike brand new, I'm older and have taken extremely good care of this bike. Very little use and is COMPLETELY stock - everything is original. 
      Comes with the title, original book and map couplers for the fuel injection.
      $4700 - cash 
    • By CodyR
      Just thought maybe everyone could post up there youtube channels an we could all help eachother out by subscribing to one another.
      Heres mine ill sub back asap.
    • By bangmyhead
      Time for a top end on my bike, just wondering if there are any alternative Valve springs i can use. I have PC cams and $400 for just the springs and retainers is alil costly at the moment.
      This has been fun in other sections of TT, so I'll start the thread here and see if we can keep it going.
      Let us know what kind of mods, fixes, changes, etc.., you performed today, or just general fun you had with, your KX250F.
      I'll start with.. I installed a correct for my weight Race Tech shock spring, along with a Pivot Works shock spring thrust bearing. Also cleaned out all the nasty yellow plastic/wax crap that passes for grease in the lower shock bearing, and re-lubed it with Bel Ray waterproof.