Tire size 300

I'm thinking about going from the 110100 18 to 120 100 18 . I just put the 300 sx kit in my 250 xc love it . Any advice would be appreciated live in northern Texas

I ride the desert in SoCal and I personally think that the 120 makes the bike turn a little slower or is a little less resistant to lean.   I've gone back to a 110.  

Obviously, straight line traction is better with the 120.    If I were better at roosting around corners it probably wouldn't matter so much.    

I've ridden two bikes with a lectron installed. If it fits your riding style then it's a good mod otherwise, to me anyway, it removed soul from the power characteristic. It's not that I prefer a violent power delivery like say a YZ250 with a ProCircuit pipe but I do prefer more pull the further I twist the throttle and it need not be fully linear for me.  

I know exactly what you're saying, Shrub. My KTM (stock Kehein) has way more hit than my Lectronated Beta. I do still ride it and really enjoy how she barks.

The Lectron certainly make it more linear than I expected.  The hit is gone.   But...   I think I like that.   I really do.

I would prefer a little more grunt, but I'm a 4 stroke guy usually.

I wonder how the power valve adjustment work with the lectron.   I have the yellow spring installed turned in 1 or 2 threads from the outer case.    Maybe I can go counter clockwise on it and see what effect it has.

The Lectron certainly make it more linear than I expected.  The hit is gone.   But...   I think I like that.   I really do.

I would prefer a little more grunt, but I'm a 4 stroke guy usually.

I wonder how the power valve adjustment work with the lectron.   I have the yellow spring installed turned in 1 or 2 threads from the outer case.    Maybe I can go counter clockwise on it and see what effect it has.

I recently changed to the yellow from the red spring, sort of on the fence between the two. I do like the hit that the red spring gives on the KTM...

BUT -

I also like the linear power that the Lectron gives my Beta. Everyone that rides it says the same thing. I have not made any adjustments to the PV

on the Beta, but it's a little different than the KTM - it ain't broke so it doesn't need fixing.

Hmm....somehow we ended up on a tire size thread instead of the Lectron thread......

well -

A 110 would work as well as a 120 (or better) if your 2t had a Lectron!

There.

Maybe I screwed up the post. Normally I'm not such a goof. Sorry

Obviously I use a lectron but also prefer a 110 tire. I'll never go back to a 120. At least not on my 300.

Or maybe it's just that I've finally found a tire that I love. The Bridgestone battlecross x40 hold their shape really well and has excellent traction. Helps a lot with the nimble feeling. Again... Never buying a 120 tire again.