best boots

what MX boot brand you you-all recommend for an individual with a girthy clalf?

tried a pair of geares (sp) foot part fits great...I could not close the top at all

the old thors I have were better but not great...

any suggestions ?

Do a search for "large calves", there have been several good threads here over the past year or 2 on this. ;)

tried a pair of geares (sp) foot part fits great...I could not close the top at all

any suggestions ?

The buckles on The gaernes can be unbolted and moved to allow for a larger calf. I freaked when my $500 boots showed up and I couldnt buckle them. Unscrewed The latches and moved them a slot (or two, dont recall) and they fit GREAT now!

Your calves would have to be monster for them to not be able to adjust to fit

Sidis, they have an adjustable calf area at the upper portion.

any suggestions ?

What gaernes? I have the sg12s, and quite large calves and the fit fine. I just started using some knee guards/braces and decided to buy some of their longer straps.

SG10

Ive got sg11s and after adjusting the buckle im good to go

Just don't buy Alpine Stars even if they fit. I have a set of T6's that don't even have foot peg scars in the sole, had a fall over on a single track, busted the inside of the left boot at the ball of my foot. Called Alpine Star, to see if they would stand behind there boots. Answer is no. These boots would make a great display for some other boot mgf.

Not the best, but one of the most comfortable I have ever worn. Sidi Crossfire 2.

Not the best, but one of the most comfortable I have ever worn. Sidi Crossfire 2.

Would love to hear what you think is the best?

I have Alpine Stars. They are great boots.

Just got a pair of instincts and I love them

I recently starting running the Alpinestars tech 7, they fit just fine. I even run knee braces. Due to a large diameter leg, i had to run a size XL Asterisk knee brace, so it drops down inside the boot a bit. I can still buckle them no problem when running size 10 but difficult to get the velcro stuck to itself. The size 11 fit really well up top with the brace but then my ankle moves around in the boot a little and I have some extra toe room. I was running the Fox Comp 5s before that, and I won't go back to that model. I wish I had an opinion on the other brands, but I haven't used those.

I have Alpine Stars. They are great boots.

I have one I'll give you, you wouldn't want the other one,HA. I am really surprised Alpine Star would't help me out, these boots look new, except for the big hole in the left boot.

Sg10's or 12's should fit. I liked my 10's over the 12's

I tried on every boot local and the only boot that fit me were the Gaerne G12. I have a 19" calve so I have trouble. I didn't want to spend 500 bucks on boots so I started looking around and reading/watching reviews. I ordered a par of Forma Predator boots. They are on sale and fit and feel better than the G-12.

Also the new TCX boots look amazing. They have an adjustment for the upper pad.

I tried on every boot local and the only boot that fit me were the Gaerne G12. I have a 19" calve so I have trouble. I didn't want to spend 500 bucks on boots so I started looking around and reading/watching reviews. I ordered a par of Forma Predator boots. They are on sale and fit and feel better than the G-12.

Glad to hear you like your Forma Predators. They really deserve more exposure as they are certainly top notch boots right there with Gaerne. Also Forma has some cool looking colorways for the 2016 Predators, and it looks as if they have changed the pleather material as well.

Also this is a good website for people looking for deals on mx boots.

http://www.usedmxboots.com/

Also don't forget about Ebay and Craigslist for slightly used high end boots for discounted prices. I got my pair of slightly used SG12's for 240 bucks off Craigslist.

The Fox Instincts we bought have had numerous problems with the buckles and the customer service representative acts like it somehow our fault. Get Sidi's they fit great and are trouble free.