I think I just found a gold mine for 'E' camshafts

Interesting, but I see no specs listed or any verification of lobe profile. Also the word "New" listed in quotations. 

25% re-stocking fee if not.

It never hurts to wish...

• Like 1

I guess one of us lemmings needs to get closer, huh? ;)

Get the item you ordered or get your money back. Covers your purchase price and original shipping.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

That has your back for cam profile.

Edited by Bermudacat

My Stage2 HotCams IIRC were $225 shipped to my door, and I know the quality is good. Some of the China/Taiwan is hit or miss. Its not enough of a difference for me to feel like its worth the gamble. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

My Stage2 HotCams IIRC were $225 shipped to my door, and I know the quality is good. Some of the China/Taiwan is hit or miss. Its not enough of a difference for me to feel like its worth the gamble. Just my opinion.

They seem to be trending $279 shipped right now. The 'E' exhaust cam has more lift and duration than than the Hotcam. Hotcams are also made in Taiwan, but peace of mind does have a value, for sure.

• Like 2

They seem to be trending $279 shipped right now. The 'E' exhaust cam has more lift and duration than than the Hotcam. Hotcams are also made in Taiwan, but peace of mind does have a value, for sure.

I'd say with that much of a price difference it maybe worth the risk. I would just measure them when you get them to verify they are indeed E cams.

• Like 1

Without specs or a decent reputation I wouldn't bother... who knows if the metallurgy is sufficient or faces have been hardened adequately. This is another one of those instances where throwing in a 'hot' cam without knowing it's specs and how to tune the motor (modify the piston, valves, exhaust and jetting) to work best with the cam is going to result in another DRZ motor meeting an earlier than expected demise.

Did you try asking about them? Maybe they'll be forthcoming and reveal the profile, etc. If you tell them you have a market they can sell into it might help. Or it might jack up the price lol.

• Like 1

No mention anywhere in the ad about what is the Suzuki part number equivalent.

I'd not ask if they are E or S/SM cams or early or late model E. I'd just ask the seller to give you the Suzuki part number they are supposed to be identical to.

• Like 2

No mention anywhere in the ad about what is the Suzuki part number equivalent.

I'd not ask if they are E or S/SM cams or early or late model E. I'd just ask the seller to give you the Suzuki part number they are supposed to be identical to.

The KLX is the E equivalent.

I'd say with that much of a price difference it maybe worth the risk. I would just measure them when you get them to verify they are indeed E cams.

That's what I was thinking. I paid $89 for my new 2048-EX, and I measured it when it arrived.

Hmm wonder if they are legit.. I currently wouldn't want to spend more money on the bike but its tempting... then all that would be left is get an fcr for me.

• Like 1

Hmm wonder if they are legit.. I currently wouldn't want to spend more money on the bike but its tempting... then all that would be left is get an fcr for me.

Keep saving for the FCR, the FCR makes a huge difference. Cams make a difference, but not even close to the difference the FCR makes.

• Like 2

The KLX is the E equivalent.

Not really.. from what I understand the KLX400R is the "e" equivalent, but the KLX400SR (S for street) is the same as the DRZ400S. A local guy has a KLX400SR and it has the mikuni carb, etc. I'd assume it has the "S" cams then as well.

EDIT: the auction is for a KLX400R.

Edited by everlast

Not really.. from what I understand the KLX400R is the "e" equivalent, but the KLX400SR (S for street) is the same as the DRZ400S. A local guy has a KLR400SR and it has the mikuni carb, etc. I'd assume it has the "S" cams then as well.

An add for KLX400 cam, without specifying KLX400R or KLX400SR is useless. It could be either, and is likely neither.

The ad lists KLX400R,

"This part is compatible with 1 vehicle(s) matching KLX400R."

• Like 2

Not really.. from what I understand the KLX400R is the "e" equivalent, but the KLX400SR (S for street) is the same as the DRZ400S. A local guy has a KLR400SR and it has the mikuni carb, etc. I'd assume it has the "S" cams then as well.

Good info, thanks. :thumbsup:

So there is three variations; the KLX400R, the KLX400SR and a KLR400SR?

Edited by Bermudacat

Good info, thanks. :thumbsup:

So there is three variations; the KLX400R, the KLX400SR and a KLR400SR?

Shit no, that was a typo. LOL, i'll edit.