Sold GSXR looking for something fun

Don't get me wrong the GSXR was tons of fun but I live in Indiana and a lot of the roads I ride are chip and seal or gravel. Not ideal for a Tarmac monster like a gsxr.

So I have 3 criteria I'm searching for.

1 I'd like something highway friendly (gearing/ other mods isn't a problem.

2. I know the term there's no replacement for displacement very well but I am curious are any trail bikes MX able? I'm not wanting to do 15 foot jumps but a jump here and there would be cool.

3. Availability, I really wanna avoid new but all the used huskys ktms etc are over 1000 miles away from me

Thanks!

There is really not much that will do all that. A Ktm 690r enduro comes close, but they aren't cheap. Xr650r is also something to look for that's a little more affordable. If you narrow it down a little more to what you NEED it to do, there may be more options, but a real do everything bike is just not available.

I'd love to have a 690. And it's awesome that both 690/500 have 6 speeds. On paper the 690 has 68 hp and the 500 57hp, couldn't find torque. It's a drop from 116hp with the gsxr but shit I think these bikes are what I'm looking for. What's the msrp and used values on these? I got $6000 in the budget lol

@toadilyinsane hey I was reading some reviews that involved the ktm 690 and they all say because of its light weight and its build it is very finicky at highway speeds. I'm assuming since it weighs 308lbs that any dual sport around that weight will feel like this at 60+mph. Will a steering damper remedy this problem?

@toadilyinsane hey I was reading some reviews that involved the ktm 690 and they all say because of its light weight and its build it is very finicky at highway speeds. I'm assuming since it weighs 308lbs that any dual sport around that weight will feel like this at 60+mph. Will a steering damper remedy this problem?

No idea. Never rode a 690 and never put a steering damper on a bike. I was looking around here at 690's until I realized, it's better to have a off road only bike that is exactly what I want on the trails and another for the road.