Setting float bowl height

I was wondering if I have over thought this. No.... I realize I have. My various manuals state a float bowl height for different  bikes. As I was trying to find a float height online for a manual I don't have, I gave up and starting thinking, Are they not always set parallel to the bowl cover mating surface? If they were not then the position you measure from would read different almost every time. The manual would have to state an exact point from which to measure. LOL, I laughed at myself because I rely on my  manuals to much, letting it over ride common sense. 

Not the spec your looking for.  But if you lean the bike and it pee's on your boot much before 45 degrees the float is too high.  If it not peeing much past 45deg, too low.

I can see how this method would help you to tune several carbs the same, but how does one really know at what level the fuel showing should be? There is no spec on that. I guess one could set his carb by the book, then see where this line is for future reference.

Not the spec your looking for.  But if you lean the bike and it pee's on your boot much before 45 degrees the float is too high.  If it not peeing much past 45deg, too low.

Interesting. 

Not the spec your looking for. But if you lean the bike and it pee's on your boot much before 45 degrees the float is too high. If it not peeing much past 45deg, too low.

This is the method I have used the last few times also. A bit lazy, but it seems to be working for me.