LOUD xr6 Probs

I tried to register my new to me beater of an XR6 today. No dice. Its just too loud. I had my suspicions, but was more concerned with safety inspection issues (e.g. headlight, signals, etc.), but apparently I got all that working. Upon further inspection, it seems the baffle has been completely removed from my stock exhaust. Not only do I need it to be registered, I also don't want to be "that guy" on my block of whiny neighbors. Any body have a cheap fix idea (no welder  :cry: ), or a baffle laying around? I wouldn't mind spending a tiny bit on a baffle, but I can't justify a new muffler on a bike in this shape. Thanks!

Edited by GodSpeed1707

If you can cram a disk of metal in there that has a smaller hole in the center, that can do wonders. I think you have the bolt holes that face straight back, so all you need is a roundish piece with 2 bolt holes and a hole in the center.

You can still find the inserts here and there, some ATC baffles fit too.

If you can get the plate with a hole in the middle to mount then you can probably get a pipe to stay in it, having a pipe go in a bit helps a lot too.

If you can cram a disk of metal in there that has a smaller hole in the center, that can do wonders. I think you have the bolt holes that face straight back, so all you need is a roundish piece with 2 bolt holes and a hole in the center.

You can still find the inserts here and there, some ATC baffles fit too.

If you can get the plate with a hole in the middle to mount then you can probably get a pipe to stay in it, having a pipe go in a bit helps a lot too.

Thanks, Dave. I am going to try a plumbing floor flange like the one below. This should bolt in fairly close and allow me to connect pipes and create a similar profile to the oem baffles. It won't be pretty, but it should get me by until I can find a new exhaust. Thanks for the help! ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1458773729.909694.jpg

ballards xrs only in australia used to sell a baffle with a turn down nozzle,maybe they still have contacts??       www.ballards.cc