Will Delran Voltage Indicator Drain Battery if left plugged in?

Bike is a 2008 KTM EXCR 530.

Im setting up some USB Ports on it for iphone charging and GPS. Im also installing a Y type slitter to add a couple more options for power from the battery.  I want to know if I leave a Delran Battery Tender Voltage Indicator installed in one of the connectors will it draw power from the battery and drain it over time?  The indicator dose not always display the voltage on the LCD so Im assuming its not drawing any power until you push the button to display the voltage. 

Another question for the USB ports,  It has small LEDs in it to indicate it is on and powered up.  So obviously this will draw power and over time drain the battery when the bike is just sitting? How long would it take for it to drain the battery its a very low draw with the LEDs and don't have specs on the LEDs? 

0000-bikemaster-dual-usb-port--plug-charger----mcss.jpg

BATTERY-TENDER-49482_1.jpg

Edited by Bill_B

It will drain the battery but as little voltage that it would draw it may take a few years..lol. I would wire it key on positive so there's nothing to worry about...

It will drain the battery but as little voltage that it would draw it may take a few years..lol. I would wire it key on positive so there's nothing to worry about...

That's a good idea can you explaine how you would wire it like that?

You can use the DLC ((data link connector)) under the seat.. remove the plug blank ..I beleave when looking at the plug the lower left is 12+ key on engine off... take a test light to verify 12+ then ground appropriately... you also use a fuse tap but not as clean of a job..if you can get the male terminal you can make it a true plug and play connection...

You can get those terminals at an auto parts store

Edited by squale147

You can use the DLC ((data link connector)) under the seat.. remove the plug blank ..I beleave when looking at the plug the lower left is 12+ key on engine off... take a test light to verify 12+ then ground appropriately... you also use a fuse tap but not as clean of a job..if you can get the male terminal you can make it a true plug and play connection...

Thanks for the info but I'm womdering if you can post a picture of the data link connector. Looked under the seat and also googled it not sure what I'm looking for. Also looked in my manual for DLC Did not find any pics on google showing exactly what the DLC is.

Thanks for the info but I'm womdering if you can post a picture of the data link connector. Looked under the seat and also googled it not sure what I'm looking for. Also looked in my manual for DLC Did not find any pics on google showing exactly what the DLC is.

heres a pic the plug with the 6 wire blanks to the left... bottom row 1st one from  left to right is key on +12 pos.. verify with test light

index.jpg

Edited by squale147

What bike is that from in your picture? I dont see any 6 pin connectors anywhere under my seat there are 2 3-4 pin connectors and another connector that is attached to the side of the battery with a rubber holder. I even took the tank off over the week end to do some work on the bike and did not see any connectors that look like the one in your picture??

heres a pic the plug with the 6 wire blanks to the left... bottom row 1st one from left to right is key on +12 pos.. verify with test light

2012 ktm 500 exc. . Look to the left and see the plug blank. That's the DLC plug. .