carb questions

Anyone know the difference between a 37 fcr mx and a 37 flatside. If I don't figure what's wrong with my carb I can buy a 37 flatside off of 08 crf250x for my 07 rmz 250. Anyone know if it will work?

The RMZ and CRFX use the same carb, the FCR CR/MX

That is not to say that they are the same FIT, as there are many body variations at each end of the bore...

Ok if I get the carb I'll just measure first. It's only $40 so it's cheap enough to take a chance ☺

Ok if I get the carb I'll just measure first. It's only $40 so it's cheap enough to take a chance ☺

It can't be any good, that cheap if it's on ebay.

Carbs wear out!  The slide bore when worn out, renders the carb useless.

The body seal is fragile and can be destroyed with one application of carb solvent....

Why do you think you need a new carb ??

a lot of people just assume that they need a new carb when they just don't want to deal with a jetting problem.  I cant recommend it enough. TEAR INTO IT AND FIGURE IT OUT! you will understand your machine on a whole new level if you never take it to the shop. there isn't THAT much in a carburetor. just fix it and move on with life.

Ya I'm just trying to get it working 100% so I can sell it. I bought a 07 kx450f for myself ☺

Krannie it's not a ebay carb local guy has it top end blew up so he is parting bike. I don't think I need a new carb but I'm just getting frustrated with this one not working properly. And I did order a new seal for the slide I'm gonna try that and go over the entire carb again and make sure there isn't a passage blocked?